uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 17 - @ Purdue

uneblinstu

26 minutes ago, NUtball said:

Apparently so!  :)

The refs were bad in an equal opportunity kind of way today.  Very inconsistent from one end to the other.  That bald-headed dork must be named Eades.  He always sucks as bad as the other 'Eades' brothers.  T call on Copeland was BS - much worse happens all the time and no call is made.

DJ Carstensen

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Thomas Allen going through a few of those Freshman blues?

It always easier at home for the freshmen and it's been two road games in a road. My recollection of him today was driving into the heart of the Purdue defense for turnovers

At times I could hear Coach Miles yelling "quick Roby."  He was referencing the quickness on defense.  I know that it is difficult, if not impossible for Isaiah to play 40 minutes at the five.  But I thought he played the twin towers pretty darn well.  Certainly he was backed down a couple of times, but he also leveraged his quickness to knock the ball away and he received good help on other occasions. 

On the offensive end Isaiah really allows the offense to spread out providing driving lanes.  We need to hit our open looks, we cannot miss bunnies.  Little things need to continue to get better. 

I wish I knew the answers.  Jordy could really be a difference maker for us.  But...well sh*t, he simply is not getting it done.  Man, I wish we had that answer. 

I felt Copeland (and Palmer to some degree) were not engaged at all defensively in the first half. Edwards had 17 in the first half and it wasn’t just on great plays like the face up jumper he hit. It was not being ‘locked in’ by Copeland. Lazy/slow recovery, poor hedging, defensive rebounding, etc. Offensive players are going to take what you give them and we gave him a lot. 

On the play Jordy got yanked to never return Jordy got backscreened while Copeland chased up he lane and never hedged. Now I don’t know what they were told in scouting report off the SLOB play but rule of thumb is to not chase up the back screen. 

He played much better in the second half. 

The irritating first half physical and mental mental effort by Copeland defensively is my takeaway. Gotta come out locked in on d every game. ‘Defense travels’.  Sometimes you can’t control what shots go in. 

Good effort but like everyone has said....when we had a chance to cut it to 6 or 7 we shot ourselves in the foot or missed very makeable shots. 

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

It always easier at home for the freshmen and it's been two road games in a road. My recollection of him today was driving into the heart of the Purdue defense for turnovers

He and Glynn didn't fare well doing that today.  And a few times in the 2nd half I think Glynn aborted a drive to the hoop because he saw Haas waiting.  Maybe instead of going all the way in and getting it blocked, pull up for a little 8 footer.  

Then again, I'm just an armchair coach.  

We played solid today.  I'd give it a B.

It takes an A to beat that team on their home court, but we definitely showed up.  

One majorly positive takeaway:  our best 5 is better than any other B1G team's best 5 outside of MSU, and that includes Purdue.  There were a whole lot of messages being sent by our best 5 to Purdue's players at the end of the game... Wow.  

I would say at this point we can aim for 5th place. 1 and 2 are locks. Michigan at 3. Maybe OSU at 4. We should be good enough to get fifth. 

We need at least two guys to help Palmer score nightly. He’ll get his but we need Glynn to step up and more out of Roby/Gil. That being said, Roby was pretty good tonight. Just need that outside shot to go down. 

I hope Jordy can find some confidence, bad deal. I echo someone earlier saying Jack should get some

minutes. Yes his defense is atrocious but tonight felt like a night where we needed him to stretch the floor. 

Lastly, Harms is the most obnoxious dude ever. Looks very alt-right as well. Yikes. 

37 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

I would say at this point we can aim for 5th place. 1 and 2 are locks. Michigan at 3. Maybe OSU at 4. We should be good enough to get fifth. 

We need at least two guys to help Palmer score nightly. He’ll get his but we need Glynn to step up and more out of Roby/Gil. That being said, Roby was pretty good tonight. Just need that outside shot to go down. 

I hope Jordy can find some confidence, bad deal. I echo someone earlier saying Jack should get some

minutes. Yes his defense is atrocious but tonight felt like a night where we needed him to stretch the floor. 

Lastly, Harms is the most obnoxious dude ever. Looks very alt-right as well. Yikes. 

I think 3rd is possible 

I've decided not to post much this year because, well, let's be honest...great or greatest basketball team to wear red?

That being said...a few thoughts.

1) Isaac Copeland is now Isak Copeland. We do not need to pull the double AA stunt PU does

2) speaking of Copeland. That.made.my.fwording.life. and it should this team. You fight hard as rabbit turds and you have these unlikable Space Jam monster looking dudes troll you. That was literally like any member of the toon squad dunking on the monstars without the special water.

3) Purdue is good. But old good. So, let's play this out in a few years when everyone is retired and they have a tall db running the show

4) Jordy didn't just fold into himself. We have options? We don't know optimal line ups? Sounds like bad coaching...but not really.

Magic couch ride ladies and gentlemen. I'll start a gofundme for steppenwolf when we clinch top 4 in the league

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk