Iowa

Bugeaters1

Even though it's Iowa I hate to see that happen to any player.  A lot of ACL tears in WBB both high school and college.  Put's more pressure on Kathleen Doyle now.

Tania and Hannah were very close in the Big 10 on assists per game and tied at an excellent assist to turnover ratio at 2.9.

Tania was also making 3's at  41%.

Edited by HUD
added info

absolutely hate to read these things.  

http://orthonc.com/your-health/preventing-acl-tears-why-are-acl-tears-more-common-in-female-athletes

from the article:

THE ANSWER: Overwhelmingly, female athletes put greater stress on their knees (and particularly the ACL) as a result of different biomechanics. Three factors in particular have been identified:

1. Females' knees are more" Turned In" (toward the midline of the body).
  2. Females' knees are less bent when jumping and landing.
  3. Females jump and run with the soles of the feet in a more rigid position and directed away from the body's center of gravity.
Edited by whoopdeedoo

8 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

absolutely hate to read these things.  

http://orthonc.com/your-health/preventing-acl-tears-why-are-acl-tears-more-common-in-female-athletes

from the article:

THE ANSWER: Overwhelmingly, female athletes put greater stress on their knees (and particularly the ACL) as a result of different biomechanics. Three factors in particular have been identified:

1. Females' knees are more" Turned In" (toward the midline of the body).
  2. Females' knees are less bent when jumping and landing.
  3. Females jump and run with the soles of the feet in a more rigid position and directed away from the body's center of gravity.

If this is case, would a brace help this. When I played sports I wore a brace that supported the patella. it took away the pain I had when I walked.