uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 11 - @ the CenturyLink Center

uneblinstu

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Obviously you need to watch more of our games if you don’t think we’re competitive.  

And in on the grand scheme of things... this is 1 game.

This year will be big picture. I agree with what you're saying, but at the same token - we looked competitive against good teams last year and still finished with 19 losses. At some point the team has to go beyond "being competitive" and looking good. 

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Disagree.  Was not same ole same

ole at all.  This is a poor take on the game and the team.  Especially for someone who wasn’t expecting much.

Same ole as in we lost...again to Creighton. Make that 0-6 for Miles now. I’ll leave the moral victories to you.  It doesn’t change the trajectory of the season but Creightons complete ownage of Tim Mikes was old years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

@hskr4life 

would you not like to be competitive in this series? Or just in general?

Series record under TM:  0-6

Avg score under TM's watch:  60 - 74

overall record under under TM's leadership:  82 - 90

Post season appearance during the TM era:  1

do these numbers appeal to you? 

No, obviously they don't, and no one any time soon is going to confuse Miles with a hall of fame coach.  But, with even moderate success this year (around .500), if the core of the roster returns for next year - Watson, Copeland, Palmer, Roby - he'll get another season.  It would be our best roster in a long time, and not the best time to make a move.  If there's no success by then, there would be no excuses.

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

This year will be big picture. I agree with what you're saying, but at the same token - we looked competitive against good teams last year and still finished with 19 losses. At some point the team has to go beyond "being competitive" and looking good. 

This. This. This.

This isn't Miles' 1st game as a head coach. This is the 6th season of data. As long as fans make excuses for losing seasons and accept moral victories, then the program will continue to produce losing seasons and moral victories. 

18 minutes ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

@hskr4life 

would you not like to be competitive in this series? Or just in general?

Series record under TM:

0-6

Avg score under TM's watch:

60 - 74

overall record under under TM's leadership:

82 - 90

Post season appearance during the TM era:

do these numbers appeal to you? 

The most important number is the one you listed last...hmmmm, wonder why you did that :-)

14 minutes ago, Daledangdarn said:

Just got home from the game.  Frustrating game and officiating, we look so much better than we have in a while though.  The amount of people cheering for Creighton at the game made me sick.

Just curious, why would the amount of people cheering for Creighton make you sick? It was their home game.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Obviously you need to watch more of our games if you don’t think we’re competitive.  

And in on the grand scheme of things... this is 1 game.

So being "competitive" in losses to St John's (not competitive, BTW), UCF (competivenes questionable), and creighton in year 6 is good with you? 

Got it.

The rubber has to meet the road at some point.  Frustrating that so many Nebrasketball fans have such low self-esteem and thus don't strive for better. 

1 minute ago, Kendrick Perkins said:

So being "competitive" in losses to St John's (not competitive, BTW), UCF (competivenes questionable), and creighton in year 6 is good with you? 

Got it.

The rubber has to meet the road at some point.  Frustrating that so many Nebrasketball fans have such low self-esteem and thus don't strive for better. 

I think you’re oversimplifying it. I’m not “satisfied” nor do I think hskr4life is either but this team has improved a great deal so far. I’ll reserve judgement for when the season is over. If we continue our improvement we could have a really good season.

I’m just as pissed off and angry as anyone right now but unlike some folks here I’m not ready to pile on the fire Miles bandwagon and assuming the season is already lost. Plenty of time for that. 

In the meantime we can either stay positive and root for the team or take a turn to negative town.