Nebraska (7-3) vs. Creighton (6-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, Timmy Schlichtenschmidt said:

Watson was completely ineffective in the second half, as was our entire offense. Why was that?

GTFO billy bluejay.  If you watched the game wearing something other than a sweatervest, you'd know exactly what the difference was in the second half.  And it had nothing to do with creighton.

3 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

This loss is so irritating. Not gonna call it all on the refs, this is our could in the second half. But fucking worst refereeing yet, they can go screw themselves. Goddamn I'm tired of horrible officiating in college basketball. 

We missed TOO many Bunnies.  Huskers have the better athletes, but gotta say Creighton has the better coaching and team.  Miles hasn't got Eichorst looking over his shoulder any more; time for Miles to pull out all the stops and let it all hang out.

2 minutes ago, Timmy Schlichtenschmidt said:

Ha! Not here to start trouble, just thought that was the difference in this game. We win this one on a different day, as I think we might be the more talented of the two teams.

I'll believe it if you're still posting in January, February, and March.  But it's a time-honored tradition that low-post count "Nebraska fans" show up to talk about how bad "we" are every year after the creighton game. 

Here come all the fire Miles comments because we lost a road game.  Most people projected is to lose by 10+ and then are upset with the team when we make it a game?

Personally, after watching the last few games, I have seen all I need to see to know we are going to have a fun year.

2-2 in the last 5 is great!  To think we could have been 3-1 too!  Not going to get too down on this one.  Just a road loss against a decent team.  If t weren’t for Creighton and the refs, I would be even less pissed.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Here come all the fire Miles comments because we lost a road game.  Most people projected is to lose by 10+ and then are upset with the team when we make it a game?

Personally, after watching the last few games, I have seen all I need to see to know we are going to have a fun year.

2-2 in the last 5 is great!  To think we could have been 3-1 too!  Not going to get too down on this one.  Just a road loss against a decent team.  If t weren’t for Creighton and the refs, I would be even less pissed.

Think this sums it up for all of us, well most of us that understand

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I was all for firing Miles at the end of last season and I’m pretty pissed after this loss. That said, I think this team is extremely capable of winning 20+ games. This loss sucks, but I believe this season has extreme promise. Kansas will have their hands full

2 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I'll believe it if you're still posting in January, February, and March.  But it's a time-honored tradition that low-post count "Nebraska fans" show up to talk about how bad "we" are every year after the creighton game. 

That's not me. I've been one of those suffering since the Moe Iba era, which sadly, next to the Danny Nee era was our 'Golden Age'. Sigh.

I haven't given up on this bunch, and hope they don't start hanging their heads after a tough stretch of games. But for the sake of the season and of the remainder of Miles tenure, they really need to find their identity as a team, start to gel, play better defense, keep teams off of the offensive boards, and finish their bunnies (looking at you Jordy), or we might have a rinse-and-repeat of last season and be looking at another ride on the coaching carousel.

The joys of being a Nebraska basketball fan. Not for the faint of heart.

1 minute ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

Miles just stood there after Watson fouls out not touching the Creighton player, that call basically ended the game! Show some emotion Tim, that was one of the worst calls I have seen in awhile.

0-6 against Creighton is not acceptable. 

Under the basket vantage point, it was NOT a foul.  Which makes the call worse.  That's the ref that called it.  I could see Tim not seeing what happened