Burn Creighton Burn

PimpMario

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

Creighton's bigs have 3 point range. i worry about jordy/duby on the perimeter. this would be a good game to play roby 25+ minutes.

Hegner is still banged up and Suarez seems to be MIA unless they specifically added him to the roster for this game.  Thus they put out a roster without much post bulk so we're not likely to be punished for playing both.  Krampelj and Harrell are very capable of shooting 3s but they aren't shooting them in bulk.

1 hour ago, atskooc said:

Hardly a rant, but thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that. 

It seems it could have been a rant. I guess this was via a Facebook live interview. Here's a little more on the matter:

"I'm still hearing pockets (of people) out there -- more pockets than not -- that they didn't think this was a good hire," Frazier said. "Then I'm hearing a handful of people saying it was a great hire," he said. "Then I'm hearing a handful of people in wait-and-see mode. "I think more people are happy because it's a Nebraska guy. That's the major part of it. I just want to caution people that it doesn't necessarily need to be a Nebraska guy. It didn't need to be a person who truly understood the Nebraska culture. But it needed to be a guy who could go out and number one, recruit, and two, win football games. Because you can be a Nebraska guy and (if you) don't win football games, people aren't going to like you."

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

It seems it could have been a rant. I guess this was via a Facebook live interview. Here's a little more on the matter:

"I'm still hearing pockets (of people) out there -- more pockets than not -- that they didn't think this was a good hire," Frazier said. "Then I'm hearing a handful of people saying it was a great hire," he said. "Then I'm hearing a handful of people in wait-and-see mode. "I think more people are happy because it's a Nebraska guy. That's the major part of it. I just want to caution people that it doesn't necessarily need to be a Nebraska guy. It didn't need to be a person who truly understood the Nebraska culture. But it needed to be a guy who could go out and number one, recruit, and two, win football games. Because you can be a Nebraska guy and (if you) don't win football games, people aren't going to like you."

Yes, I read it from the article. 

Nothing about that sounds angry. He's reporting what he's heard other people say, and he's saying if Frost doesn't win games then the fan base will chase him out of town (which we all know is true; we have plenty of experience with booing Frost already, so it won't be hard to do so again). Maybe it's because I didn't actually hear him say it, but nothing about what I read there sounds like a rant. 

Shatel is the perfect Creighton beat writer.  What a pandering tool.  The embodiment of Jaysker.

It's been one of the (admittedly few) redeeming qualities of NU Football's fall from grace...we don't have to choke down as much of his syrupy pablum as we used to back in the glory days.

Hot Take:

If you get as pissed as I do about arrogant CU fans, do not go read BJ Underground.  I also didn't realize that Bahe was a total CU Homer!  If there is one team that I want to be up by 15 and push the lead to 25 in the last few minutes, it is the BJ's.  Not just because of their team, but their fans deserving nothing less than losing every single game they play.  My goodness do I dislike them more and more each time I meet one.  I would take the entire game thread they have and post it in the locker room for the boys to see.  If they get half as fired up as I am after reading that smut, then we will have so much fire we don't know what to do with it.

Rant over.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Hot Take:

If you get as pissed as I do about arrogant CU fans, do not go read BJ Underground.  I also didn't realize that Bahe was a total CU Homer!  If there is one team that I want to be up by 15 and push the lead to 25 in the last few minutes, it is the BJ's.  Not just because of their team, but their fans deserving nothing less than losing every single game they play.  My goodness do I dislike them more and more each time I meet one.  I would take the entire game thread they have and post it in the locker room for the boys to see.  If they get half as fired up as I am after reading that smut, then we will have so much fire we don't know what to do with it.

Rant over.

:D:D I went over and read their thread. Honestly if were in their shoes and won the last 6 years in convincing fashion I'd be talking arrogantly about a rival just like they are.

57 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If you get as pissed as I do about arrogant CU fans, do not go read BJ Underground.  I also didn't realize that Bahe was a total CU Homer! 

I don't know if this is a non-sequitur but I don't think that Bahe posts over there.

Otherwise he tends to be pretty fair on his show but at the end of the day he's the Creighton TV/Radio guy.  He's going to be doing color on FS1 this Saturday.

16 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I don't know if this is a non-sequitur but I don't think that Bahe posts over there.

Otherwise he tends to be pretty fair on his show but at the end of the day he's the Creighton TV/Radio guy.  He's going to be doing color on FS1 this Saturday.

I assumed this was him.  It could be a faux identity though.

Re: Nebraska game thread

Postby Nick Bahe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 am

Dundee Hipster wrote:Sharp and Benning off to a roaring start this morning. Creighton fans calling in trashing Nebraska has been great.

Wait till you hear my show. 

If we all take a step back and look at this game unbiased, it's still hard to see how Nebraska can come close. They've got height, but these guys (Jordy and Duby) are very uncoordinated. Darian always dominates the scout on Nebraska. It's gonna get ugly.

That could very well be him. But that outcome is certainly on the table... history suggests as much. If they don't play scared, which it seems like they have done the past few times in Omaha, they should be able to keep this game in question deep into the game. If they play like they did vs. St. Johns or UCF, they'll get run out of the building.

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

I would take the entire game thread they have and post it in the locker room for the boys to see. 

The CLINK is stocked with toilet paper on Fridays so we should be good.

I hate to break your anger bubble though because it's the same guys making the same posts minus the underdog edge they used to have.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:50 PM, DudeAbides said:

All that being said, the best part of the CLINK, according to many CU fans, is that their pump up song is Glorious by Mackelmore. If that doesn't get your cuff links all rusted, I don't know what will.

This won't be as funny when Jordy is riding the bench thanks to ol' Martin Crumple