uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 8 - B1G/ACC Challenge: Boston College

uneblinstu

We got the win.  That is what we needed to do.  Now it is time for this stretch.  While this is not a defining stretch for Tim Miles, it is a chance... an opportunity to show that we have grown since last year, the year before that, and the year before that.  It is an opportunity to show that we need to be taken seriously.  Even more though, it is an opportunity to rally up some Husker support from those fans who are just looking for something positive in Husker men's athletics.  You have an entire football fan base that is basically done with the season well before last year.  Let's rally some of those people, get them on board, and make something of this season.

Edited by hskr4life

Enjoyed being in attendance last night but some of the non basketball nonsense needs to go.  I don’t know how it enhances the audience experience.

The team seems to play together and I like how Palmer let the game come to him and didn’t force the issue.  My concern in the first half was that BC could get into the lane much easier than NU.  We still don’t  beat people off the dribble much and defensive rebounding needs to improve.  A few offensive rebounds would be nice.  

We seem to have some mid range shooters and some three point threats but still had a 6 minute drought.  Hope we will compete for 40 minutes at Sparty and that a large, enthusiastic crowd is presentat PBA when Goldy comes to town.

8 hours ago, kldm64 said:

We have hit desperate times to have an emcee at the games.  Here's a though, how about fire him and use the money to hire a person who can actually put together a better video before they announce the starting line-up.  That is painfully bad and does nothing to get the crowd worked up.  It would be better not even having a video instead of playing that horrible one!!!

I politely disagree. I think the video is awesome, although maybe not quite as good as the first year in PBA. I just feel that we do a poor job as a fan base at getting loud during team intros. Also, unlike football, we don't have as much tradition to put in the video package like we do for the tunnel walk. 

1) Jordy threw a couple of very nice passes to cutters last night. I would like to see more of this. 

2) At one point in the first half, both Glynn and Evan Taylor were out of the game. We looked like  a rudderless ship. Might had to do with Glynn not feeling well. 

3) Boston College is a terrible outside shooting team. They shot about 25% in warmups. 

4) Hope we win one of next 4. Minnesota is the best chance. Need a great crowd for that. 

5) Evan Taylor was really terrific recruiting by the staff.  I think that guy would make a heck of a coach. 

6) It looked like the light bulb turned on for James Palmer the last part of the game. He looked really smooth. 

7) I've never thought Miles teams set good picks. They look so half hearted. 

7) Duby looked Okeke...

Edited by imnothipp
grammer

Went to the game with a guy who has an AM talk show in Lincoln. Sat in front of the guy from 24/7 sports. Wonder if D-Wayne was in the works pre Moos? Probably.

in theory, he could add a cool element to the atmosphere at PBA. Guess the PA announcer is a guy from 96 Kix I think. Anyway, instead of reading the promos and telling the guy who was 50’ from finding the $100 bill “Oh, soooo close!” I’m hoping he tries to get the crowd more pumped up. 

11 hours ago, imnothipp said:

1) Jordy threw a couple of very nice passes to cutters last night. I would like to see more of this. 

2) At one point in the first half, both Glynn and Evan Taylor were out of the game. We looked like  a rudderless ship. Might had to do with Glynn not feeling well. 

3) Boston College is a terrible outside shooting team. They shot about 25% in warmups. 

4) Hope we win one of next 4. Minnesota is the best chance. Need a great crowd for that. 

5) Evan Taylor was really terrific recruiting by the staff.  I think that guy would make a heck of a coach. 

6) It looked like the light bulb turned on for James Palmer the last part of the game. He looked really smooth. 

7) I've never thought Miles teams set good picks. They look so half hearted. 

7) Duby looked Okeke...

Nailed it

12 hours ago, Swan88 said:

I thought Minnesota beat the Jays in a closed scrimmage.  Why is everyone saying, with absolute certitude, the Gophers are the worst if the teams we’ll play?

Well, we play Minnesota in Lincoln.  That's pretty much it.  Minnesota is the better team but  McDermott owns Miles and we haven't won a regular season game in Omaha since when...the 90's?? 

Our offense in general is just so brutal to watch at times, the correlation between when we score vs. how much we move on those possessions is probably shocking. The times we have a 4 minute scoreless stretch is when we have 4 guys outside, the only one moving is the one with the ball, with Jordy posting up, wanting to turn it over. I mean the guys without the ball on the off side don't even screen down have the time.. just literal standing. 

5 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

Our offense in general is just so brutal to watch at times, the correlation between when we score vs. how much we move on those possessions is probably shocking. The times we have a 4 minute scoreless stretch is when we have 4 guys outside, the only one moving is the one with the ball, with Jordy posting up, wanting to turn it over. I mean the guys without the ball on the off side don't even screen down have the time.. just literal standing. 

As mentioned by dimes in a previous post, at least in the BC game, our drought was different than in the past.  It looked like we had a pulse on what we wanted to do to try and get a score.  We had one for sure, but maybe even multiple buckets called off by the referee.  

Every team has droughts at some points.  What has to be there during those droughts is D and intensity.  That happened Wednesday.

Edited by hskr4life

1 minute ago, noahjb24 said:

Just meant in general, but there definitely were possessions with this happening in this past game. 

I don't necessarily agree with your premise in general though. There are plenty of times with little movement where we score as well.

14 hours ago, Swan88 said:

I thought Minnesota beat the Jays in a closed scrimmage.  Why is everyone saying, with absolute certitude, the Gophers are the worst if the teams we’ll play?

FWIW, here are our odds of winning in the next 4 games (according to science):

image.png

Science also says we have a 50% chance of getting at least one win out of there! 

Edited by jdostal

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Doc had a win up there I believe.

I don't think so....Collier won in Omaha during the NIT.  But, outside of that...I think it's been since the 90's and the CIVIC center days since we won during the regular season.  Like I said, I do think Minnesota is the better team...but, I feel much better about our chances vs them in Lincoln.   

Edited by huskerbaseball13

I will just add that our defense on the high pick and rolls is really bad. Jordy seems half-hearted in his hedge, which basically turns both the screener and the player with the ball loose. I have to wonder how much of that is Jordy remembering from last year, where he would really body the guy with the ball on the hedge and pick up a foul. Maybe he is afraid of that and so becomes timid, leaving him in never-never land; stopping neither the ball handler or the screener diving to the basket.