FredsSlacks

4 minutes ago, khoock said:

After BC its:

@ (3) Michigan State

v. (12) Minnesota

@ (25) Creighton

v. (2) Kansas

Just BRUTAL.

The good news is that this is the toughest 5 game stretch all year.  After this, the schedule lightens up a little bit and toward the end of the year it gets a lot lighter.  While it would be nice to have a +.500 winning percentage in these next 5, the season is not all doom and gloom with 1-2 wins.

37 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I know crazier things have happened...but MSU, Creighton, KU are basically for sure L's.  I know one of those three aren't the same but until Miles can keep it within ten of Creighton it's hard to expect a win.  So, if we can go 2-3 in that stretch that will be a win for us IMO. 

35 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I'll be surprised if Creighton doesn't already have a double digit lead in the first 5 minutes of the game.

I mean, we'll be big underdogs, sure, but I'm not gonna get fatalistic about these games. Hopefully the players won't be either.

56 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I know crazier things have happened...but MSU, Creighton, KU are basically for sure L's.  I know one of those three aren't the same but until Miles can keep it within ten of Creighton it's hard to expect a win.  So, if we can go 2-3 in that stretch that will be a win for us IMO. 

That will be two wins for us, actually. ;)

Slow down there fellas, Creighton isn't the '85 Lakers. If we can neutralize Foster and Thomas, make them exclusively jump shooters (meaning Doobie & Jordy have to stay on the floor) we can beat these guys. If you've already conceded defeat, I'm sure there's a barstool open for you at Barrio's (if that's still open)

20 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

jordy is going to have to be better without roby. 3 pts 6 reb on 36% shooting is not going to get it done.

I don't think it's a big deal if Jordy scores only 3 points a game. If he scores more, great, but we just need his body in the game. He did not play very well in his minutes Sunday, but his presence was super important. +25 when he is in the game is hard to argue.

5 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

I don't think it's a big deal if Jordy scores only 3 points a game. If he scores more, great, but we just need his body in the game. He did not play very well in his minutes Sunday, but his presence was super important. +25 when he is in the game is hard to argue.

But it is important to note, we tend to dump it into Jordy five to seven times per game.  Against LBS, he passed it out on one occasion for an open shot.  But when he has made his post moves, he hasn't been overly successful (I am being generous).  He needs to expand his moves, he needs to finish, and he needs to stop exposing the ball to anyone that surrounds him.  If we are going to provide him five opportunities for post moves, he should be successful at least three times.  He also should get and make foul shots and get at least one put back.  That makes me think he should be able to average ten a game pretty easily.  Perhaps I am making this seem awfully easy, and I know it isn't, but with his size and athletic ability it should happen.

36 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

i thought he'd be averaging close to a double double every game, and 35% shooting for a center is really bad.

i think he can improve and will likely get more minutes without roby.

I’m honestly to the point where if we can get just one win over the next four (after BC) for the love of all things good and righteous, please let it be in Omaha! I work with 11 CU alums and they broke in my office last year and turned it blue. I wore a Rhode Island hat that I ordered off of Amazon in March. So, yeah, i need some mental support!!!  Being down like 38-10 in Omaha crushes me. 

13 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Slow down there fellas, Creighton isn't the '85 Lakers. If we can neutralize Foster and Thomas, make them exclusively jump shooters (meaning Doobie & Jordy have to stay on the floor) we can beat these guys. If you've already conceded defeat, I'm sure there's a barstool open for you at Barrio's (if that's still open)

Problem is you are forgetting about Martin Krampel, Mitch Ballock, and Ty-Shon Alexander.  You can just worry about Foster & Thomas or these 3 will eat you up as well.  Trust me, I want to finally beat Creighton as much as anyone but trying to be realistic as every time is seems we play them under Miles, Creighton comes out on fire and buries us right at the start of the game. 

11 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Wrong damn time for Roby to get hurt.  

(No time is the right time, but going into this 5-game stretch, it really hurts.)

We could probably skate by without Roby during any other 5 game stretches this year but not this 5 game stretch.  Hopefully he only misses the BC and Michigan State games and worse case scenario, the Minnesota game and will be back by the Creighton and KU games.  Fingers crossed.

I think we can win 2.  The most "likely" in my opinion would be BC and Minnesota (with both being at home).  If we could somehow sneak one more win out over the other three I would be very happy. 

The Kansas game will probably be the most fun game at PBA this year, especially on a Saturday night.  I would love to see us hang around in that game and allow the crowd to stay very involved. 

Gotta take care of business tomorrow night.  First things first.

Realistically, next year is the best chance to beat Creighton. We are at home and should have a solid core of talent and experience (that has played together). 

Creighton also loses two bigs and their leading scorer.

That being said... I DONT WANNA WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. I will be at the game this year and will be decked out in ad much red as possible.

Expectations of a computer from most likely to win to least likely to win.

These numbers change daily based on what we're doing, what our opponents are doing, and what our opponent's opponents are doing.

Wed Nov 29   90 Boston College W, 74-72 70 59% Home
Tue Dec 5   22 Minnesota L, 79-72 72 27% Home
Sat Dec 9   33 Creighton L, 83-71 73 14% Away
Sat Dec 16   1 Kansas L, 80-68 71 13% Home
Sun Dec 3   6 Michigan St. L, 79-62 69 6% Away

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

Realistically, next year is the best chance to beat Creighton. We are at home and should have a solid core of talent and experience (that has played together). 

Creighton also loses two bigs and their leading scorer.

That being said... I DONT WANNA WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. I will be at the game this year and will be decked out in ad much red as possible.

Y'know, I hate to say that we've played this game before, but we've played this game before.

It's never been about the players they've lost because those players get replaced by other players.  The players they lost LAST year should have had a bigger impact than the ones they'll lose this year.

We need to just get better ourselves and not worry about that other team.

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Expectations of a computer from most likely to win to least likely to win.

These numbers change daily based on what we're doing, what our opponents are doing, and what our opponent's opponents are doing.

Wed Nov 29   90 Boston College W, 74-72 70 59% Home
Tue Dec 5   22 Minnesota L, 79-72 72 27% Home
Sat Dec 9   33 Creighton L, 83-71 73 14% Away
Sat Dec 16   1 Kansas L, 80-68 71 13% Home
Sun Dec 3   6 Michigan St. L, 79-62 69 6% Away

A sobering way of looking at that chart is that we have a better chance of losing to BC than winning any of the others.

Assuming the chart is right, which it might or might not be.  

If we come out and kick BC's ass, for example, the computer is going to like our chances in the other games more than it does now.  Amiright?

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

If we come out and kick BC's ass, for example, the computer is going to like our chances in the other games more than it does now.  Amiright?

Yes and that makes sense. A team capable of beating Boston College by 10-15 seems like a team better equipped to beat a better Minnesota team that a team that beats Boston College by 2. For some teams you can hypothesize that the team plays up or down to the competition and thus you can expect some teams to rise to the occasion.  Our results vs St John's and UCF to this point doesn't make us seem like one of those teams.