Coastal Carolina vs. Nebraska

Bugeaters1

We cleaned up our game a little in second half, and it payed off.  Still looked disorganized...turnovers, passing across court, passing to ...no body...not taking the easy shots when open.

Not one of our better games, but we settled down a bit, and it was enough.  Don't need to see the box score....we must have shot for low percentage.

#12 from Kansas gets my game ball.  And Taylor finally hit some threes. 

OK,  if I remember right they get a few days off now.  Rest, collect your thoughts, and get ready for the next one. 

at least they walk away with a split. was watching football and the husker bb game, but, a few times i noticed the passing into cain was too low. get a little more air under the ball let cain go/jump for it. give her a chance.

don't think we'll see whitish miss very many layups like that. not expected from her. still would like to see hannah look for her offense more. noticed she did pass up a couple of open mid-range jumpers.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Just now, whoopdeedoo said:

at least they walk away with a split. was watching football and the husker bb game, but, a few times i noticed the passing into cain was too low. get a little more air under the ball let cain go/jump for it. give her a chance.

I dont know if she can jump, when she jumps center it looks like she gets about 4 inches off the ground.

Interesting that Woods started both games.  From memory I think those were her first games to starts. All of Taylor’s shots were from 3 point land.  She we need to diversify her shot selection. A win is a win but there is a ton of improvement that needs to be done before the Big Ten schedule or this is going to be another tough season.   

Just now, Tinpanalley said:

Interesting that Woods started both games.  From memory I think those were her first games to starts. All of Taylor’s shots were from 3 point land.  She we need to diversify her shot selection. A win is a win but there is a ton of improvement that needs to be done before the Big Ten schedule or this is going to be another tough season.   

Matt was saying that if you went into lane that you wouldn't make a shot or get it one off because of CC intreior defense.

Aside from Hannah and Bria, most everybody just doing their own thing.  Pretty dysfunctional right now.  We are athletic and have some talent, but need to play together. Today looked like we never had a practice. Coaches must address shot selection. Agree with tinpanalley that we are in trouble if we don't alter some things and improve pretty quickly.  More zone maybe. Cain had a bad weekend for sure, but this girl who can't jump does somehow have 16 blocked shots...... (bigger concern is she and Rachel were not involved in offense today).