13 - Bria Stallworth - 5-6 - So. - G - 8.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg
14 - Grace Mitchell - 6-2 - So. - F - 5.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg
5 - Nicea Eliely - 6-1 - So. - G - 4.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg
12 - Emily Wood - 5-5 - Sr. - G - 3.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg
43 - Rachel Blackburn - 6-3 - So. - F - 3.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg
50 - Darrien Washington - 6-2 - Jr. - F - 1.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg
Injured
13 - Janay Morton - 5-10 - Sr. - G - 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg
Head Coach: Amy Williams (Nebraska, 1998)
Second Season at Nebraska (10-23); 11th Season Overall (203-132)

so much depends on the degree of the sprain. maybe being a little cautious with maddie sunday night? the one thing that has never been mentioned was anyone seeing maddie go down during warmups. assuming it didn't halt things as matt and jeff never mentioned it until they stated (just before gametime) on air that she would not be available. matt did say she came out with crutches and had big ice bag on the ankle. maybe maddie will just rub some dirt on it :D (or good tape job) and give it a go. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

56 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

so much depends on the degree of the sprain. maybe being a little cautious with maddie sunday night? the one thing that has never been mentioned was anyone seeing maddie go down during warmups. assuming it didn't halt things as matt and jeff never mentioned it until they stated (just before gametime) on air that she would not be available. matt did say she came out with crutches and had big ice bag on the ankle. maybe maddie will just rub some dirt on it :D (or good tape job) and give it a go. 

When Maddie came out on crutches she didnt have the ice on her ankle, she was just in a wrap. So like you say it may have been that the staff was being cautious. When I listened tothe replay Jeff thought that Maddie would play in the game against Creighton. 

If Maddie didn't have bad luck she would have no luck.  Falling out of bed and breaking her arm/wrist.  Spraining your ankle during pregame warm ups.

This really puts us in a bind at power forward.  Jas is tough enough but not tall enough for that position and going from guard to PF is a big step.  Look how long it took Maddie and Grace.  Wow what an unfortunate occurrence.  Grace is a good sub but not yet starting material.

10 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

DPqc-M7VQAISBL8.jpg:large

posted not long ago on twitter. if this is a recent pic, appears maddie is practicing. i believe that is maddie on hannah's left. hoping she is a quick healer.

The pic makes it look promising, but there is a difference between actually practicing and being able to ride the exercise bike/workout with basketball shoes on.  No inside info from me but expectations should be tempered if she isn’t ready to come back yet just by looking at a photo standing around with her teammates- if she is good to go then awesome!

i was just going by what matt and jeff stated just before the game started. so, to be honest, i have no idea if that is what exactly happened to maddie. my first thought was, "that seems kind of odd---unless someone landed on her during warm-ups". seems to me you hear 'high ankle sprain' associated more with football than basketball. like i stated, kind of an odd way to bend your ankle (in bb) unless someone lands on your lower leg and bends/twists your foot to the outside. anyway, hope she heals fast either way. gonna need her----but, don't want it to be a lingering thing either.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Thanks for the response, Whoop.  B)    I was just thinking of the injury to Roby where he rolled his ankle that looked so awful on replay.  Apparently nobody really saw, or noticed the injury to Maddie until she left practice.  Like you, here's hoping for the best and a quick recovery for Maddie (we need her).  :nod:

This was before she did whatever she did to her ankle. But she is tall !   Need her new found rebounding skills on the floor. She's got the size and speed, and aggressiveness to be a good rebounder. Pretty sure she's leading the team rebounding.  Get her and Nicea working together and it is a big part of the teams success. Got to rebound to win :)

Looking forward to tonight's game with Clemson. Suspect Coach has talked them up and we'll see a fresher team, ready to go.