Postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 4 - North Dakota

Bugeaters1

19 minutes ago, big red22 said:

St. John's plays like all stars against Nebraska.  Watching the first 10 minutes of their game against Molloy is pissing me off!  They look like absolute crap and shooting less than 30%

Yeah, I hate when that happens, but it happens to everyone.  I bet UND is like "Man watching NU vs E Illinois and then against us, wish they played like crap against us."

I agree though, it is like when someone comes into PBA and shoots 50+% on threes and then shoots 22% their next time out.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:05 PM, HuskerActuary said:

The students are teetering in dangerous territory - not filling up the sideline for a Sunday afternoon game is disappointing. They've done a nice job fulfilling their end of the deal ever since PBA opened. Seems like enthusiasm is running dry (and with our results the last few years, it is hard to blame them).

As a guy who started going to NBA as a student from year one, and now years later from a different point of view as a regular season ticket holder, I can understand the frustration. It's already tough to get immature kids to come out and selflessly yell and support the team, but when they're really bad, it's nigh impossible to get full participation (for anything in fact). Excitement and hype is tough currency, commitment tougher. I'd like to hope for the future though as I've seen some great fans here over the years, but it takes giving a good experience where the fans can see effort, hustle, passion, and more than a few wins from the team. It's unfortunately just how it works in college sports. But I'm hopeful. (Also it doesn't help that husker fans are especially horrible with holding them to ridiculous standards and being fickle at their worst...yet at the same time I've seen some amazing fans during my time)