2020 recruiting...

whoopdeedoo

since i never have seen her mentioned, kinda had caitlin clark in the back of my mind. never really saw much about the schools she is interested in......till i came across this (which answers my question):

"Clark does have a main group of schools on her radar: There’s the in-state trio of Iowa, Iowa State and Drake, plus Texas, Oregon, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Duke, Florida and Creighton. Missouri has also been in to see her this year." expected to announce before her final year starts. shot in the dark, but, i would guess between iowa schools and ND.

Iowa St is sort of on the up swing,  Helps recruiting undoubtedly. They're getting good players the last few cycles. So not so surprising Ryan committed there.

We pick up our winning percentage next year, get to the big one consistently, and we'll benefit in recruiting too. Just need to get there. Pretty obvious....but...not so easy or done quickly. 

Edited by redsteve

• 3 months later...

It's been mostly "crickets" regarding 2020 recruiting.  One wonders if the staff isn't saying much, or doesn't have much to say.  Did they take the summer off?  Who knows.  

Hard to build/retain interest, without an occasional mention.  Would be nice if the local papers put a little effort into covering Nebraska Women's sports, (other than volleyball).                            

5 hours ago, khoock said:

Anyone know if we are recruiting/ offered Nyayangah Gony out of Lincoln High?

Shes a 6'3 wing/stretch four and is just outside of the top 75 for the 2020 class rankings (#1 player in Nebraska). Her sister plays at Purdue.

It is discussed a bit in the Allison Weidner thread.  Quick answer, it does seem we have offered her.

With 4 current players that are going to be seniors and 3 of them guards (Whitish, Eliely, and Hudson) plus Mitchell a guard/ forward, some additional offers to guards for 2020 (besides the recent one) would seem like a priority with emphasis on finding some speed and ball hawking as well as point guard ability+scoring.

• 4 weeks later...

The Fall recruiting contact period begins Monday, September 9th, and runs through September 29th.  I've already seen mention of Hoiberg and staff being ready to hit 

the ground running, and a list of potential recruits they plan of visiting.  Hopefully, similar information regarding the Lady Huskers, will see the light of day.  Go get 'em 

coaches.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Kylee Blacksten will be in Lincoln this weekend.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NU is one of her finalists... 6 or 7 schools, but......She visited Boise St last week, and has Wisc, Wake Forest, K St, Colo., and Wyo as coming visits too....so it would be somewhat surprising if she were to commit soon...but she could be wowed by Nebraska.

Edited by redsteve

• 1 month later...

See her in the video from the international tourney  vs Hungary

She's no 10 and can be see in the first 5 min or so, at intros...then later in game at about 32 mins. Is probably seen other places too, but found this quickly.

Edited by redsteve