2020 recruiting...

whoopdeedoo

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

just a guess, but, recruiting probably a long shot----who knows?‍♂️

last i read, she hasn't decided between vb or bb.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/984014-Centurys-Ware-earns-Gatorade-player-of-the-year-honors

Pretty sure she was Gatorade POY in volleyball too. 

Volleyball or basketball in college?

Visited Minn for basketball

Edited by redsteve

MARCH 2020 RECRUITING

Understand NU has recently visited Eylia Love 6'  small forward 15.5 ppg, from Olathe, Ks (Kansas City) ....in late March

AND 

Jaddan Simmons 5-8 PG Green bay W HS (WI) ...visited in late March

Recruiting Laren Ware Top 40 prospect. (we have talked about her)   She's apparently still undecided on BBall or volleyball

Offered Leilani Kapinus 5-10 G (WI) Top 10 recruit, but we're apparently not in the running

Edited by redsteve

Her mind may be made up.....but If she is considering Nebraska, would Cook would buy into splitting her time with basketball ?  He's never done it. She would have to be a phenom in VB. He's got his pick of phenoms already,  And Coach Amy likewise?

Anything's possible of course. Would be great to see her on both NU courts. 

In the past 10 years, how many D1 athletes have successfully played both VB and Bball?  I think there was that gal from BYU a few years ago, but I can't think of anyone else.  I think it would be very very difficult to do, unless you played VB for a school that has little shot at post-season play and then maybe a better shot at post-season for basketball (or vice versa). 

14 hours ago, Red Don said:

Being in the midst of 89,000 rabid fans for the Spring Game can't hurt!   :wink:

Was there today. Great day for football.

They did a tribute to the new recruits showing their HS clips on the big screen. Pretty cool. (they all came out on the end of the field...and watched their own clips !...along with 80,000 +)

My nephew has a vintage red museum in Haymarket....met Mike Rozier today.. and Ricky Simmons, and other former players..

Emily Ryan...please commit...please !

Edited by redsteve