2020 recruiting...

whoopdeedoo

4 minutes ago, kansashusker said:

I have seen them both several times this year but I will actually be out of town tomorrow so won’t see either one — if u go to the kshaa website it should have links for both games on livestream for anybody that is interested 

Out of town at tourney time?  how dare you.

Emily had her self  a game yesterday. Her stat line looks like this. 7/12 on FG, 0/2 from 3pt., 15/16 FT, 29 PTS., 4 REB, 6 AST, 5 TO'S, 3 STL, 31:43 minutes played

With Emily coming from the smallest class in Kansas 1A, can she compete on a D1 level? with KansasHusker having seen her play, maybe he can asnwer this question. I heard through the grapevine that Coach Williams was in Dodge City to watch Emily yesterday.

26 minutes ago, kansashusker said:

Payton’s team has 5 d1 kids on it. Private school so kc metro draw.  She is really good. Stats r irrelevant. I think Louisville etc have offered so yes she is good. Long and bouncy with lots of upside.  She is a 2021

I didn't mean to say that stats were the most important thing. I was just showing how the two kids did yesterday in their games is all.

for those following recruiting:

Leilani Kapinus   hoopgurlz #9  5'10" PG  (2020) James Madison H.S.  Wisc

dropped Butler, DePaul, Nebraska, Northwestern, Iowa St, Pittsburgh, ASU, Illinois, and Georgia Tech.

new list: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marquette, and Big Ten schools Iowa, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota, OSU, Wisconsin.

***she has suffered a second significant knee injury (same knee) and had second surgery for repair. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

if only interested in nebraska, i'll save you some time---skip reading the following?

stumbled across a stream from minnesota girls basketball state tourney. caught Hopkins with Paige Bueckers (#1 2020 prospect). man, she is smooth. exited a little early with 29pts. can see why she is #1 prospect. of course, coach Whalen was there. they are pretty close, now, whether she chooses minny, who knows. i read where their coach stated she has pretty good idea of her school. just from some things i have read, i think if she doesn't choose uconn, nd, stanford (one of the wbb elites) and chooses to stay in the big ten, it will be minny. Hopkins played Lakeville North and they have a good one in Lauren Jensen---prolific scorer (and, handles the court very well herself). she is a junior also and is chasing Rachel Banham's h.s. 3pt record. minny would be doing just fine if she chooses the goofers and Bueckers goes elsewhere (Jensen is going to announce after state tourney).

Edited by whoopdeedoo