North Texas

Norm Peterson

Put up 122 points on their first opponent.  Granted, they weren't exactly playing Northwoods, but still.  Scoring 122 points would be good against ... the team managers.

Anyway, they're coached by Grant McCasland, who spent one year at Arkansas State last year and improved their record from 11-20 in 2015-16 to 20-11 his first season, which included a road win against G'town.

And now, he's at North Texas.

And I'll just leave this here:

I looked at there roster also and they have like maybe 3 players that are just High School 

players,

Bunch of JC and Transfer type guys.  I think that is ehy they kind f fill it up.

BUt they had some trouble in their hurricane relief game.

Freshman Zachary Simmons scored the game-winning basket with 18 seconds left to lift North Texas men’s basketball on the road at Houston Baptist, 84-81

Keep an eye on North Texas.  They were 8-22 a year ago.

McCasland manufactured quite a turnaround in his only year at Arkansas State.  Another similar turnaround at North Texas and some bigger name programs are going to start taking notice.

He's a Baylor alum and was an assistant to Scott Drew there before taking the Arkansas State job last year.

He's not much younger than Drew, though, so it probably doesn't make sense to bide his time until Drew retires and then take over at his alma mater.  Have no idea how long he plans to be at North Texas but if he turns them around as quickly as he turned around Arkansas State, he's going to get a shot at a bigger program soon.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Put up 122 points on their first opponent.  Granted, they weren't exactly playing Northwoods, but still.  Scoring 122 points would be good against ... the team managers.

I think we could put up 122 on Millard North or South :)  BTW, Eureka College most notable alumni is ....Ronald Reagan

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

So you are saying that they may be taking us lightly :)

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

Ken Pomeroy gives them a 9% chance of winning this one, so yes...technically this game is winnable for them I guess.

Here is where I found the "Toss up" thing. It's a 40-60% sort of deal beating the ol' Huskers on the road https://meangreennation.com/2017-18-north-texas-basketball-preview/