HUSKER POWER

hhcmatt

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Ugh... millennials. Just a bunch of oversensitive butterflies.

Oh....what? Oh...? Really? It's the administration crying about a " Husker Power" chant being insensitive? What has this world come to?

Don't say that.... you're counting on millennials to start it

(i know I'm late, it already happened)

3 hours ago, Blackshirt83 said:

Was Eichorst the one against it or someone else?

Some boosters complained and they must have been big enough boosters to get past the guys SE was paying to keep people from talking to him. He had it squashed from being able to officially hold up signs.

11 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

The first husker power chant the cheerleaders tried to lead...the crowd was into it like a crowd who’s football team just got smoked to a 4-5 team. Much better when the away team was being introduced. 

This started with they '86ed it during the lineup announcement like the issue is that we just need to say "Husker Power" sometime and it's cool. Silver lining at the moment is that at least people can guess what those signs the students are holding. 

Eichorst is gone so we can finally start pushing back on this stuff.

11 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Eichorst is gone so we can finally start pushing back on this stuff.

Think about how incredibly benign this all is and how unaccommodating Eichorst was.  Now imagine the staff trying to figure out anything to help them win games and how some of those benign requests might have been handled. Try not to have as much smoke coming out of your ears as I do.

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Think about how incredibly benign this all is and how unaccommodating Eichorst was.  Now imagine the staff trying to figure out anything to help them win games and how some of those benign requests might have been handled. Try not to have as much smoke coming out of your ears as I do.

The best ADs clearly state their vision and expectations, provide you with anything you need financially or resource wise to facilitate your success, and then GTF out of the way. Eichorst only took care of the financial side and resource side (as I believe all Husker programs have the finances and resource to be National contenders in all sports). 

45 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

The best ADs clearly state their vision and expectations, provide you with anything you need financially or resource wise to facilitate your success, and then GTF out of the way. Eichorst only took care of the financial side and resource side (as I believe all Husker programs have the finances and resource to be National contenders in all sports). 

Not ALL sports.

• 2 months later...

Okay so I'm watching the starting lineups on BTN for Ohio State at Purdue and I have a few thoughts about what I've seen.  First off, what does the crowd do when the PA announcer introduces the opponents?

"Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

Now, I've also seen how they do it at Iowa this year, and how do they do it?

The announcer says the player's name and the students yell "SUCKS!"  Announcer introduces the next player and the students yell "SUCKS!"

(You have to forgive Iowans, they're a little bit special)

Tell me how either of those things are in any way more classy or less disrespectful to the opponent than Husker Power?  None..that's how much.  None.

May Husker Power live forever!!!

50 minutes ago, 49r said:

Okay so I'm watching the starting lineups on BTN for Ohio State at Purdue and I have a few thoughts about what I've seen.  First off, what does the crowd do when the PA announcer introduces the opponents?

"Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

Now, I've also seen how they do it at Iowa this year, and how do they do it?

The announcer says the player's name and the students yell "SUCKS!"  Announcer introduces the next player and the students yell "SUCKS!"

(You have to forgive Iowans, they're a little bit special)

Tell me how either of those things are in any way more classy or less disrespectful to the opponent than Husker Power?  None..that's how much.  None.

May Husker Power live forever!!!

Because we are such a nice fan base, and we can't ruin that image by chanting HUSKER POWER when the opponent is introduced.

12 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Because we are such a nice fan base, and we can't ruin that image by chanting HUSKER POWER when the opponent is introduced.

No, that's not how it is.  We start yelling "Husker Power" shortly after the National Anthem is done and, it just so happens, opponent introductions kinda happen at the same time.

Total coincidence.

16 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

No, that's not how it is.  We start yelling "Husker Power" shortly after the National Anthem is done and, it just so happens, opponent introductions kinda happen at the same time.

Total coincidence.

It's so weird, too, how we just so happen to finish up the Husker Power chant right as our own team introductions start!

What a coincidence!