SIU Edwardsville (0-0) Vs. Nebraska (0-0)

Bugeaters1

9-0 run SIUE, who leads 38-30 w 5:00 left in the 3rd.

Lead change several times; Huskers lead 43-38 at the end of 3.  Bria getting hot; has 16 pts.

Desperately need a way to sync the audio & video (but haven't found it yet :(). 

Matt & Jeff on the internet audio are over a minute ahead of the BTN Plus Video.

Edited by Red Don

Wasn't a pretty win, but a gut check win with the 1-3-1 zone (almost a man one -3-1 at times with Brai chasing the point guard).  Nice call by the coaches to give our defense some help.  Yes the defense can get credit for the come back (or slow them down defense what ever you'd like to call it) 

We had trouble keeping up with  them playing straight man defense.

Cain had a nice game.....always plays in control.  Will get tougher rebounding as she gets used to the college game. She certainly has a nice touch with the ball inside when she shoots. 

Good things from about everybody at given times. Our three shooting was off today. But they weren't giving us open shots.  We got baskets the hard way many times, and by finding the open shooter. We got a wake up message on how hard we have to play and crash the boards rebounding.

As the old saying goes...a win is a win. We probably couldn't have done it early last year.  

Edited by redsteve

Game report

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211684992

Cain, a 6-5 freshman center from Middletown, N.Y., added 18 points and a team-high nine rebounds inside for the Big Red off the bench. Cain hit 9-of-15 shots from the floor and was the recipient of four of Stallworth's assists. Cain added four blocked shots, a steal and an assist of her own to Stallworth in the victory.

Videos

I RELOADED THESE VIDEOS SINCE THEY WEREN'T COMING THROUGH TO VIEW. HOPE THIS IS BETTER.  Resteve

Edited by redsteve

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

9-0 run SIUE, who leads 38-30 w 5:00 left in the 3rd.

Lead change several times; Huskers lead 43-38 at the end of 3.  Bria getting hot; has 16 pts.

Desperately need a way to sync the audio & video (but haven't found it yet :(). 

Matt & Jeff on the internet audio are over a minute ahead of the BTN Plus Video.

Here is the solution I use.  It works wonderfully.   https://www.amazon.com/RTS-200C-RadioTVsync-Second-Audio-Delay/dp/B00H7IBTQ2

just a technical question------anyone else have trouble watching the above videos of coach williams and the one with stallworth and cain? parts of the video and audio work just fine then at different sections it will start to become very choppy (buffering) and almost impossible to listen. if my memory serves me correct, had the same problem with a previous post of coach's video (mn-mankato?).

32 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

just a technical question------anyone else have trouble watching the above videos of coach williams and the one with stallworth and cain? parts of the video and audio work just fine then at different sections it will start to become very choppy (buffering) and almost impossible to listen. if my memory serves me correct, had the same problem with a previous post of coach's video (mn-mankato?).

The video is shitty for me as well.

I wonder if it might be the 'Neulion' app used by Huskers.com (seems like they have some sort of exclusive venture with Neulion) .  I'm not technically knowledgeable  enough to know the differences but it seems like I've have more than my share of problems with Both the audio and video over Huskers.com.

6 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

The 6 blocked shots and 6 steals is a very good sign. Our shooting percentage was decent but could be better. We're becoming ball hawks. They tried to take away our 3 shots...and where somewhat successful at slowing our 3 production. We have another thing to improve on.

We held them to about 30% shooting...good! (Although they had 60% threes.) We've got to work on defending against the 3.

I'm a stats guy, so it was interesting game. Last year when we shot near 30%..didn't win doing that. But we've improved.  

Always stuff to work on, but it's pretty obvious we're going in the right direction. Just need more games...more games...more games....and a couple of girls to get off the bench, heal up, and hit the floor running.

Edited by redsteve

18 hours ago, Red Don said:

I wonder if it might be the 'Neulion' app used by Huskers.com (seems like they have some sort of exclusive venture with Neulion) .  I'm not technically knowledgeable  enough to know the differences but it seems like I've have more than my share of problems with Both the audio and video over Huskers.com.

I almost always have trouble with Huskers.com audio and video.  Usually have to refresh or reopen it multiple times just to get it started and then it cuts out/stops quite often.  Probably a combination of internet connection, wifi (if being used) and crappy software.  I tend to blame the latter for the lion's share of the problem since the glitches are evident across multiple platforms (i.e., home (direct connection & wifi), work (excellent connection with plenty of bandwidth) & mobile).

I did not watch the game but listened to parts of it on the radio.  I was wondering about the foul situations that Hannah, Maddie, and Taylor were in.  When I tuned in, Taylor was already on the bench with 2 fouls.  I didn't realize that Hannah and Maddie had fouled out.  Were the refs just extra sensitive to fouls, were they reaching in, intentional foul to stop a fast break - any common thread?  It just concerns me that we had 3 starters in foul trouble.

Great to hear Kate and Bria step up big time!  Will probably crack the starting rotation soon.

28 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

Great to hear Kate and Bria step up big time!  Will probably crack the starting rotation soon.

My thoughts go back to earlier posts before the season started about who would be our starters.   I said I thought it would be Bria at point, Hannah at shooting guard  and Nicea at the 3.  I still feel that will be our best lineup at guard both offensively and defensively. Jasmine due to her less then sterling shooting skills, Janay and Taylor will fill up most of the guard reserve play.  Look for Hannah to play point when Bria sits.

As for the bigs, previously  due to injuries I didn't offer any thoughts on who should start.  After watching the two games things look a little clearer at least in my mind.  I see Kate as the post and Maddie initially as the power forward for now.  Maddie has been up and down and unless she can become more consistent I see Taylor playing some at that position maybe even starting.  Rachel will still be a big contributor in many ways even with a limited amount of playing time coming off the bench. 

So by mid season if these players stay healthy I see it as follows.  1 Bria, 2 Hannah, 3 Nicea, 4 Taylor, 5 Kate.

Final thoughts:  Wow!   Bria has all the tools and hustle that you want in a point guard and Kate is a tall. smart and gifted post that has a huge upside that we will have for 4 years.

I did not watch the game but listened to parts of it on the radio.  I was wondering about the foul situations that Hannah, Maddie, and Taylor were in.  When I tuned in, Taylor was already on the bench with 2 fouls.  I didn't realize that Hannah and Maddie had fouled out.  Were the refs just extra sensitive to fouls, were they reaching in, intentional foul to stop a fast break - any common thread?  It just concerns me that we had 3 starters in foul trouble.

The refs were very touchie. Hannah got called for a foul were she was standing by the player. She reacted and almost got teed up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk