2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

Download ICS file to import into your calendar - this is probably what you want

How do I get this thing into my personal calendar?

Subscribe to the calendar (will only work with a windows calendar program)

Seton Hall at Nebraska in Gavitt Games (Wednesday, November 14 - 6:30 pm on BTN)

Western Illinois at Nebraska (Saturday, November 24)

Nebraska at Clemson in the B1G/ACC Challenge (Monday, November 26 - 6 pm on ESPN2)

Creighton at Nebraska (Saturday, December 8.)

Oklahoma State vs Nebraska in Sioux Falls (Sunday, December 16)

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osusportsextra/osu-basketball-oklahoma-state-to-play-nebraska-in-sioux-falls/article_50c3f42e-7ac7-5c3f-bd62-69ff25fc1b41.html

Several more home games against (likely) lesser competition (TBD)

Early portion of the 2018-19 season schedule as of 8/20/18:

** Exhibition vs Wayne State on November 1st.**

• Nov 6 – Missi Valley St
  • Nov 11 – SE Louisiana
  • Nov 14 – Seton Hall
  • Nov 19 – Missouri St (at KC)
  • Nov 20 – Tex Tech/USC (at KC)
  • Nov 24 – W Illinois
  • Nov 26 – at Clemson
  • Dec 2 – Illinois
  • Dec 5 – at Minnesota
  • Dec 8 – Creighton
  • Dec 16 – Okla St (at Sioux Falls)
  • Dec 22 TBD
  • Dec 29 TBD

** Pre-Season Scrimmage at Iowa State - October 21 **

First news about next years schedule:

Huskers to play in the CBE Classic in Kansas City. Field isn't as sexy as this years by joining NU will be USC, Texas Tech and Missouri St. Matchups haven't been determined just yet.

https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein-usc-and-nebraska-to-headline-2018-cbe-classic/

Those are games I'd consider making the trip down for. This year's games are played on Monday and Tuesday nights, however. That would make it tougher.

That's three games we know about so far when you include Creighton coming to town.

Edited by uneblinstu

Since I live just a few blocks away from the Sprint Center, I will probably try and find a way to get there for the CBE event.

USC and Tech are the obvious headline acts here, NU and MSU will be expected to be the filler...but I'll take it!  I've been hoping we'd get an invite to this ever since it started.

8 minutes ago, 49r said:

Since I live just a few blocks away from the Sprint Center, I will probably try and find a way to get there for the CBE event.

USC and Tech are the obvious headline acts here, NU and MSU will be expected to be the filler...but I'll take it!  I've been hoping we'd get an invite to this ever since it started.

Rothstein sees NU as the bigger name than Tech. Considering where the games will be played and on the college sports landscape, NU's a bigger brand for this. Tech may be a bigger hoops draw but I think both are fairly invisible on the CBB scene unless one of them makes a run this year.

34 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If this thing really wants to make money, a couple of options are below.

Nebraska VS Kansas

Kansas State VS Mizzou\

------------------------------------------------------

Nebraska VS Kansas

Creighton VS Mizzou

Nebraska VS Kentucky

Kansas VS Mizzou

They'll make plenty of money. And I'd rather not go 0-2. Husker fans will travel to this and they'll want to watch us win at least one game.

4 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

They'll make plenty of money. And I'd rather not go 0-2. Husker fans will travel to this and they'll want to watch us win at least one game.

Not sure many will if they play it on Monday and Tuesday like they are this year. It would help a lot if they have a big year this year.

25 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Rothstein sees NU as the bigger name than Tech. Considering where the games will be played and on the college sports landscape, NU's a bigger brand for this. Tech may be a bigger hoops draw but I think both are fairly invisible on the CBB scene unless one of them makes a run this year.

Nebraska should have the clear advantage in terms of butts in the seats - over all of the other three teams - but the TV audience is going to tune in to see USC or Tech.  Barring a cinderella run this year by Nebraska, of course.  But SC is a legit national title contender this year and Tech should be right on the fringe of the top 25 most of the year this year.

Just now, 49r said:

Nebraska should have the clear advantage in terms of butts in the seats - over all of the other three teams - but the TV audience is going to tune in to see USC or Tech.  Barring a cinderella run this year by Nebraska, of course.  But SC is a legit national title contender this year and Tech should be right on the fringe of the top 25 most of the year this year.

USC, maybe, but nobody nationally cares about any of the other teams.

8 hours ago, hskr4life said:

If this thing really wants to make money, a couple of options are below.

Nebraska VS Kansas

Kansas State VS Mizzou

------------------------------------------------------

Nebraska VS Kansas

Creighton VS Mizzou

Nebraska VS Kentucky

Kansas VS Mizzou

Your first mistake was using logic.

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2017 at 4:44 PM, AuroranHusker said:

I was thinking about how significant the tournament in Orlando was for us last year and couldn't remember who we were playing in this year's tournament. And, in looking at it, we're not gonna have that problem next year. This should be a really high powered event. Will be curious to see how they match teams up.

Interestingly, though, that story has been taken down...

Edited by uneblinstu

52 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:
I was thinking about how significant the tournament in Orlando was for us last year and couldn't remember who we were playing in this year's tournament. And, in looking at it, we're not gonna have that problem next year. This should be a really high powered event. Will be curious to see how they match teams up.

Interestingly, though, that story has been taken down...

Interesting... only info I could find on the KC Star's website is about Mizzou returning to play in the 2019 CBE Classic.

Edited by AuroranHusker

I'll be curious to see who we get in the Big Ten/ACC game. It'll probably be on the road. If we have everyone return, it'd be fun to get one of the top teams for a change. I'd guess L'ville, Clemson or Notre Dame.

Also, I think we're due for a home game in the Gavitt Games. A Butler, Xavier or Marquette would be cool.

Why am I thinking about next season? I need help...