2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

4 minutes ago, tcp said:

Turned into a Big L for them. OSU's in free fall. It needs to stay that way this weekend. 

If they have a player on their roster that rhymes with Grey Lung, then they'll still make the tournament. Just ask Oklahoma who finished off the season 4-11 and still had an opportunity to lose to Rhode Island in the big dance.

7 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

If they have a player on their roster that rhymes with Grey Lung, then they'll still make the tournament. Just ask Oklahoma who finished off the season 4-11 and still had an opportunity to lose to Rhode Island in the big dance.

Wang Chung?

30 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

"Everybody Wang Chung tonight"  Opened for the Cars at Civic in the summer of 1984.  My first major concert.  Good concert but my ears were ringing for days.

One of the bigger surprises in my life was seeing the Chung live. I expected them to suck badly. The band Jack Hughes put together was astonishing, not just in musicianship (which I expected with his background) but in showmanship. It wouldn't have surprised me if they were better than the Cars, whom I loved. 

34 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

"Everybody Wang Chung tonight"  Opened for the Cars at Civic in the summer of 1984.  My first major concert.  Good concert but my ears were ringing for days.

Ha, that was my first concert as well. I was 15 and also had my first beer, attended my first bachelor party / dancer the same night. 

1 hour ago, tcp said:

One of the bigger surprises in my life was seeing the Chung live. I expected them to suck badly. The band Jack Hughes put together was astonishing, not just in musicianship (which I expected with his background) but in showmanship. It wouldn't have surprised me if they were better than the Cars, whom I loved. 

Both were very good.  Got there early and could touch the stage for Wang Chung.  Cars came out and the crowd was like a tidal wave pushing me back so being a scrawny teen I lost my spot.

3 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, after watching his 29 point effort in Lincoln, that was extremely impressive. Cassius Winston stopped every single run NU tried to go on. Every single one.

There was a point I thought Iowa was gonna win tonight, but he never let Iowa get comfortable. Usually POY goes to the best player on the best team regardless. In this case I think he's the best player in the league, which makes them the best team. 

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hmm, but I have been told by some that Michigan State really isn't that good!  So that must mean the Big Ten sucks again this year...right?

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF - Sarcastic Sarcasm Thumbs GIFs

Ya those people are dead wrong after watching them win the street fight vs us then watching them just trample a pretty talented Iowa team. They have so much depth from bigs to wings, their one flaw may be if Winston gets in foul trouble

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Who said MSU isn't that good?! Seems like something CNN would have mentioned, if anyone.........

;)

I refuse to provide names as everyone has a right to an opinion...right, wrong or indifferent...but,

On 1/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, Handy Johnson said:

Last years KU was better, Wisconsin that went to the Final Four was better, that was a nice MSU team but hardly anything to get all that jazzed about. If we would have shot 50% from the field we win...

Agree wholeheartedly.  This team is not as good as people making them out to be IMO.  

22 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I refuse to provide names as everyone has a right to an opinion...right, wrong or indifferent...but,

On 1/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, Handy Johnson said:

Last years KU was better, Wisconsin that went to the Final Four was better, that was a nice MSU team but hardly anything to get all that jazzed about. If we would have shot 50% from the field we win...

Agree wholeheartedly.  This team is not as good as people making them out to be IMO.  

Okay, must have missed that part. Watching MSU in person, they seemed like the "real deal" to me. To each their own, I suppose.