2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

I watched some of that Creighton game last night. Without a top tier player like they've had in the past their offense looks a lot like our offense before we had Palmer who can go get his. Just a lot of swinging the ball around until the shot clock practically runs out and they have to throw up an ugly shot. Pretty hard to watch. 

59 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

I watched some of that Creighton game last night. Without a top tier player like they've had in the past their offense looks a lot like our offense before we had Palmer who can go get his. Just a lot of swinging the ball around until the shot clock practically runs out and they have to throw up an ugly shot. Pretty hard to watch. 

Gonna have to disagree with you on that last point. ?

10 hours ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Might be a turning point for both the Illini and the Gophers.

Illinois tends to always play like they've been fired out of a cannon so the Gophers thinking they can sleep walk in there and win was their mistake.

Minny will need to watch out because Penn St matches up well against them and they'll need effort to win.

Illinois? Everything they are bad at is what Iowa is good at and I'd be shocked if the Hawkeyes didn't put up 90+ on them.  Is Illinois going to score that much again? No way.

5 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Illinois? Everything they are bad at is what Iowa is good at and I'd be shocked if the Hawkeyes didn't put up 90+ on them.  Is Illinois going to score that much again? No way.

After losing at home to Wisconsin, Iowa is doing everything it needs to do to make the tournament.

• They're beating bad teams on the road (Northwestern and Penn State)
  • They're beating other mid-level conference teams at home (Nebraska and Ohio State)

If Nebraska follows that formula from here on out:

• Three wins on the road against bad teams (Illinois, Penn State, Rutgers)
    • The assumption is that we'd also beat those bad teams at home, so add one more win (Northwestern)
  • Six wins at home against mid-level teams (Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin)

That's 10 more wins to put us at 13-7, 23-8 going into the tournament. Add any win against Michigan or MSU, and we're a top 3 seed. That's why tonight's game could be such a huge boost. It's our only home game against that pair of "elite" teams.

Edited by jayschool

I'm content to respect how nutty hard this conference is right now. Anyone can beat you. You can almost beat anyone. PSU isn't a bad team. They have a win against VT and they generally play us tough. Illinois just proved their homecourt isn't a fast food drive thru. Rutgers made OSU cry. 

Can't assume anything from the schedule except the odds. And they're not always that comforting. 

11 minutes ago, tcp said:

both road teams won. maryland crushed OSU. Buckeyes in a bit of trouble. 

Agreed. At this point, I would add Maryland to the top tier and Ohio State to the conference's bottom tier.

Michigan

MSU

Maryland

Middle

Nebraska

Minnesota

Iowa

Indiana

Purdue

Wisconsin

Bottom

Ohio State

Northwestern

Illinois

Rutgers

Penn State

13 minutes ago, tcp said:

both road teams won. maryland crushed OSU. Buckeyes in a bit of trouble. 

Rutgers exploited the hell out of Northwestern's biggest weakness, which is that they do not have a PG.  Yet they still weren't able to overcome and pull out the win.

Saturday's games:

• Michigan at Wisconsin, 11 a.m., ESPN
  • Indiana at Purde, 1 p.m., Fox
  • SE Louisiana at McNeese, 1:30 p.m.
  • Oklahoma State at Iowa State, 5 p.m., ESPNU
  • Texas Tech at Baylor, 5 p.m., ESPN2
  • Mississippi Valley at Alcorn, 5:30 p.m.
  • IPFW at Western Illinois, 7 p.m.
  • DePaul at Seton Hall, 7 p.m., FS1
  • Penn State at Minnesota, 7:30 p.m., BTN
  • Fullerton at Long Beach, 9 p.m.