2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

10 hours ago, 49r said:

So...McDermott was outcoached then?

Can you imagine the local media/fan reaction to the coach if NU nearly blew a 10-pt lead mid-way thru second half, gave up 50+ points to an opponent on our home floor, but inbounded the ball successfully with 0.8 seconds left to survive and win by 3? It would feel like and be discussed like a loss ... and rightly so.

Now throw in completely botching the inbounds pass with 0.8 seconds left, miraculously allowing the game to get to OT, and then losing it, all at home? The local media would roast Miles ... and rightly so. A once-in-a-generation debacle of a loss. 

But the local paper told me this morning that "CU didn't quit" and played great D to hold Howard to 53 and how Greggy took responsibility, so it's OK. Dude must've invested that $100K Bowen turned down in Teflon. 

12 hours ago, brfrad said:

Creighton should have just bounced it under the Marquette basket.   Even if Marquette gets the ball they have no time to get a 3 off.

Better yet, hand the ball to the Marquette player guarding the inbounder, as long as he's inside the 3 point line.

Edited by brfrad

Not much on tap for tonight.  Our game is the biggest for us.

Michigan plays @ Illinois

Western Illinios is @ NDSU

Actually an intriguing match up is probably UCLA @ Oregon.  Oregon probably has the best shot at still receiving an at large berth.  UCLA is a dark horse to win the Pac 12 for some.  UCLA has beaten bottom dwellers Stanford and Cal so far.  Can they pick up a solid road W?

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Yeah they're likely a 1-2 bid league at most. ASU looked like a clear at-large, but they're starting to make people question that.

EEK-- I wouldn't want to sweat out Selection Sunday if ASU were to lose the Pac 12 tournament.  

As of right now, I think they would be in if they got to 12-6... but as we all know... 13-5 doesn't guarantee in weak conference.  However, they have two Top 25 wins over Mississippi State and KU that will turn a few heads come March.

However, 11-7 or 10-8 and it's a one bid league.

A sneaky pick might be Arizona.  They are 12-4 but 3-0 in league play.  Best win is ISU, but their worst loss is probably Alabama or Baylor.

Final pick is that Pac 12 get's 2 bids.  Every loss in league play will be a rough loss.  Can't lose at home this year in the Pac 12.

Edited by hskr4life

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

EEK-- I wouldn't want to sweat out Selection Sunday if ASU were to lose the Pac 12 tournament.  

As of right now, I think they would be in if they got to 12-6... but as we all know... 13-5 doesn't guarantee in weak conference.  However, they have two Top 25 wins over Mississippi State and KU that will turn a few heads come March.

However, 11-7 or 10-8 and it's a one bid league.

Just remember, we were 13-5. And the Big Ten was still a "stronger" conference than the Pac-12. That's how bad that conference was and is.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Not much on tap for tonight.  Our game is the biggest for us.

Michigan plays @ Illinois

Western Illinios is @ NDSU

Actually an intriguing match up is probably UCLA @ Oregon.  Oregon probably has the best shot at still receiving an at large berth.  UCLA is a dark horse to win the Pac 12 for some.  UCLA has beaten bottom dwellers Stanford and Cal so far.  Can they pick up a solid road W?

Can I watch Colorado lose? That's always intriguing for me.