2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Must be Dropping Basketball!   :eek:  :Lol:

They have to distance themselves from the Creighton School of Law, and need to find a good attorney --- from the Nebraska Law School.   Money is needed as they depleted their slush funds paying for players.  Ewwww, was that too harsh?

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Seton Hall won @ Xavier

Big win for the Pirates and for us too.  KenPom has us back at #14 (hasn't yet recorded our game tonight so we will eventually move down some).  Tech getting the win at WVU should also help us out some.

Just now, 49r said:

Big win for the Pirates and for us too.  KenPom has us back at #14 (hasn't yet recorded our game tonight so we will eventually move down some).  Tech getting the win at WVU should also help us out some.

And just as I posted that I refreshed KenPom to see that we did move down after tonight's game.

Back to #15.

We were 1 one hundredths behind Wisconsin before the game tonight.  Now we are 2 one hundredths back.  So, doom and gloomers, that's what happens in basketball.  You can lose a game and the season miraculously isn't over.

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

And just as I posted that I refreshed KenPom to see that we did move down after tonight's game.

Back to #15.

We were 1 one hundredths behind Wisconsin before the game tonight.  Now we are 2 one hundredths back.  So, doom and gloomers, that's what happens in basketball.  You can lose a game and the season miraculously isn't over.

What!! you saying that there are gloom and doomers on this board. I din't know that.

19 hours ago, 49r said:

Back to #15.

Yeah sure, we did not drop far, but how far up would be now if we had not pissed two winnable road games away. 

29 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

Yeah sure, we did not drop far, but how far up would be now if we had not pissed two winnable road games away. 

KenPom works based on score differential so there isn't much of a difference between us winning by a couple or losing by a couple.

Something like NET or polls put a lot more weight on wins

Not to mention we are FREAKING NUMBER FOURTEEN IN THE NET AND KENPOM!!!

At this time last year we were #97 in KenPom and God knows what in RPI.  We never got above #50 in KenPom last year at any time and were never realistically anywhere near the bubble.

I mean, sure, be disappointed in a road loss against a team that is hovering near the AP top 25 if you must.  But also realize we are in a totally different situation right now than we have been in damn near 25 years!

Edited by 49r

Interesting first halves tonight:

• Iowa without Garza is playing defense like it's 2018 again; Purdue up by 17 at half in WL.
  • Michigan dicking around at home with the Gritty Nits, up only 25-20 at half.
  • Illinois has led almost the entire first half at Indiana, and is up 32-30 with 47 seconds left.

10 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

Well apparently it’s impossible to win on the road in the big ten. Minnesota is getting screwed. Murphy just fouled out standing there not moving, along with quite a few other questionable calls.

Also if this game is being discussed in another thread hmu 

Apparently not impossible. But it took a hell of an effort from Minnesota to battle through some adversity. They are a pretty damn good team and a respectable team to lose to on the road. We just need to take care of them at home now.