2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Would be huge for Creighton to pick up a win. 

It's a good matchup for the Jays...you can beat Oklahoma with the 3.

It's a win-win as they help our resume when they win and it's funny when they lose and they'll probably do enough of both to just stay a Quad 2 game.

Well, I went to watch Iowa and Western Carolina. Hard to form an opinion of the Hawks in person when they're playing such a bad team in a mostly empty arena on a Tuesday after finals week. But I have trouble believing they're better than Nebraska. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Western Carolina had 26 turnovers but I swear half of them were dropped passes or passes that bounced off Catamount shins. Iowa still has trouble closing out on 3-point shooters, though they're better than last year at challenging drives.

Edited by jayschool

9 hours ago, jayschool said:

Well, I went to watch Iowa and Western Carolina. Hard to form an opinion of the Hawks in person when they're playing such a bad team in a mostly empty arena on a Tuesday after finals week. But I have trouble believing they're better than Nebraska. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Western Carolina had 26 turnovers but I swear half of them were dropped passes or passes that bounced off Catamount shins. Iowa still has trouble closing out on 3-point shooters, though they're better than last year at challenging drives.

Garza and Cook combined for 30 against Wisconsin at home in a game where they only scored 66. As long we can hold those guys to a reasonable number this is a very winnable game

10 hours ago, jayschool said:

While I don't question Iowas offense... I do question their D.  The bad thing about that match up with us is that I don't question our O or our D really this year.  I know what we can do.  I don't think Iowa has five solid defenders to shut us down.  Bad news for them because we have five guys who can score.

Creighton looked really bad at times last night.  They could not hit a lake with most of their three point shots and Alexander never really got going.  Ballock had a horrible shooting day (don't think he made a 3) and they struggled to guard Oklahoma.  Could not believe they had it within 7 late in the game.

43 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Creighton looked really bad at times last night.  They could not hit a lake with most of their three point shots and Alexander never really got going.  Ballock had a horrible shooting day (don't think he made a 3) and they struggled to guard Oklahoma.  Could not believe they had it within 7 late in the game.

I didn't see any of that game because I don't have that channel.  Did you watch it all?

Did you feel the need to pour bleach in your eyes afterwards?

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I didn't see any of that game because I don't have that channel.  Did you watch it all?

Did you feel the need to pour bleach in your eyes afterwards?

I watched the game and Creighton was awful.  Their big man had a good game, but it was otherwise a gawdawful performance.  If they are not hitting their 3's, they are a middling team this year.  Quite honestly, I was not overly impressed with Oklahoma either.  Their defense was sound, but otherwise...mehhh.

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

I watched the game and Creighton was awful.  Their big man had a good game, but it was otherwise a gawdawful performance.  If they are not hitting their 3's, they are a middling team this year.  Quite honestly, I was not overly impressed with Oklahoma either.  Their defense was sound, but otherwise...mehhh.

I think we may have had more fans at our open player practice than they did last night at OU as well.  

6 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I almost hate to say the following, as it sounds sort of cliche' like; but keeping Isaiah on the floor and out of foul trouble against Iowa may be the biggest key. 

We recruited Garza, and now he is very easy to dislike.

I think that brings up a  point worth pondering  @Huskerpapa.   In my time following the Huskers, I can't think of Any player that I disliked!   Contrast that to some players that are unanimously reviled around here like Grant Gibbs, Aaron Craft, what's his name from Clemson that we recruited, Thomas?, and several others I can't think of off the top of my head. 

I don't recall having any 'Floppers,' 'eye-pokers,' or  other egregiously offensive players on our team.  Is that because we try not to recruit players with those kinds of tendencies; or is that behavior 'coached' into them?