2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Anyone know why Illinois is playing at the United Center (Bulls home court) against Ohio St?

They have been playing a game a year there and the non-con ones they were playing were drawing so poorly they went with a conference game....which looked pretty poorly attended.

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

They have been playing a game a year there and the non-con ones they were playing were drawing so poorly they went with a conference game....which looked pretty poorly attended.

I'm assuming this is to try to grow interest in a major market? If that's the case, then it's sad that the conference can't draw enough attention right in their back yard, let alone adding teams like Rutgers and Maryland to grow the East coast markets.

16 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm assuming this is to try to grow interest in a major market? If that's the case, then it's sad that the conference can't draw enough attention right in their back yard, let alone adding teams like Rutgers and Maryland to grow the East coast markets.

Northwestern and Illinois both like to refer to themselves as Chicago's Big Ten team(s). Neither are, but I digress....

Just coming back to earth today, realizing there were other basketball games played yesterday ... and somehow I missed UW's Davison popping a Marquette player in the family jewels during game play and trying to pretend nothing happened. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/wisconsins-davison-earns-flagrant-1-for-punch-to-groin/ar-BBQGyjg

Actually, Davison should've flown backward 10 feet after the contact ... maybe he could've drawn a charge from the MU player's junk.

52 minutes ago, throwback said:

Just coming back to earth today, realizing there were other basketball games played yesterday ... and somehow I missed UW's Davison popping a Marquette player in the family jewels during game play and trying to pretend nothing happened. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/wisconsins-davison-earns-flagrant-1-for-punch-to-groin/ar-BBQGyjg

Actually, Davison should've flown backward 10 feet after the contact ... maybe he could've drawn a charge from the MU player's junk.

Yeah, I am glad he earned a flagrant.  There is no place for that type of dirty play.  No place.  This dude is earning the wrong type of reputation.  Sort of like Grayson Allen.  Flopping, cheap shots, dirty behavior and decent talent that keeps him on the floor.  

21 hours ago, throwback said:

Maybe that flopping piece of crap won't get the benefit of the doubt when he fakes taking a charge now.

He is what his fan base and ESPN has made him.. He is a hyper 20 something alpha male, with limited D1 skills, who is getting praise for his "hustle" "grittiness" "hard nosed" "basketball. IQ" (all buzz words for average white D1 players). just missing the " coach's kid"... and he is still not mature enough to handle it.. So he tries something a little more out there to show that he is what they have made him out to be, and then it goes too far,

Also not trying to be racist but these phrases are not used much for African American players.

Edited by Silverbacked1

6 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

He is what his fan base and ESPN has made him.. He is a hyper 20 something alpha male, with limited D1 skills, who is getting praise for his "hustle" "grittiness" "hard nosed" "basketball. IQ" (all buzz words for average white D1 players). just missing the " coach's kid"... and he is still not mature enough to handle it.. So he tries something a little more out there to show that he is what they have made him out to be, and then it goes too far,

Also not trying to be racist but these phrases are not used much for African American players.

It's a thing

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

If you want to watch Cal St Fulerton they're taking on St Mary's tonight at 9.

They seem to be having one of those "this team made it to the ncaa tourney last year and is getting beat down" sort of year

I think this is free

https://wccsports.com/watch/?id=154232

SMC is up 79-66 with a minute-and-change left....

Edited by AuroranHusker

40 minutes ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Is Davison the next Aaron Craft?

Except Bradley is not really as good of a defender as Crafty.

Kinda funny, because Davison thinks he's a legit baller. Yeah, sure, he might be a pest, and once in a while, he'll make a few shots, but that's about it. I'll take Glynn any way of the week & twice on Sundays.

Just now, jayschool said:

Tuesday's Games:

• Youngstown State at Ohio State, 6 p.m. CT
  • Charleston Southern at Clemson, 6 p.m.
  • Missouri State at Arkansas State, 7 p.m.
  • Western Carolina at Iowa, 8 p.m. (Yamo be there)
  • Creighton at Oklahoma, 8 p.m.

Would be huge for Creighton to pick up a win.  We also need Clemson to keep winning.