2018-19 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, throwback said:

Watching DSU Basketball - it's 2 hours of your life you'll never get back

Summit League starts conference play in that Dec 28-29-30 area, so that game won't be a Summit team. Looks like Missouri Valley does the same thing with its league schedule.

My guess is we have a D2 game in one of those slots, although a lot of D2 teams don't schedule games between end of 1st semester and Christmas, so it'd probably be the Dec. 29 game if we go that route.

I must say the time outs were rather interesting.  I am still not sure what was going on during them.  

1 hour ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I believe so.. Pretty sure Miles coached there back in the day. 

He did, from 1997-01. His point guard from that era is the current SMSU coach.

Also, a side note that somebody might find interesting, probably one of their biggest conference rivals back in that era was Wayne State (exhibition opponent this year), who was then coached by Greg McDermott.

51 minutes ago, joshvanklomp said:

He did, from 1997-01. His point guard from that era is the current SMSU coach.

Also, a side note that somebody might find interesting, probably one of their biggest conference rivals back in that era was Wayne State (exhibition opponent this year), who was then coached by Greg McDermott.

There's a good section of the book Nebrasketball that discusses this. 

5 hours ago, WestOHusker said:

The same Southwest Minnesota State that was at one point leading us by double digits in an exhibition a few years back?

Was that the game where the Creighton Prep grad intentionally fouled Shavon Shields on a break-away basket and we thought we'd lost him for the season?

And all the Creighton fans, who showed up as pseudo-Southwest Minnesota fans, cheered?  MFers.  ?

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Was that the game where the Creighton Prep grad intentionally fouled Shavon Shields on a break-away basket and we thought we'd lost him for the season?

And all the Creighton fans, who showed up as pseudo-Southwest Minnesota fans, cheered?  MFers.  ?

And, many of those pyschos will be wearing red on Saturday, too...

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 8/30/2018 at 9:34 AM, hskr4life said:

How though does a D2 team work in the NET?  Will it be the same as RPI?

I can't say I've searched high and low, but I haven't heard this specifically mentioned. Until I hear differently, I will assume that D-2 games will continue to be excluded from all of the metrics on the NCAA tournament team sheets and everything. A small clue is in the image below which specifically references D-1 winning percentage in #3.

DlOwEUSU4AA7WOJ.jpg:small