• Dec 2 – Illinois
  • Dec 5 – at Minnesota
  • Dec 8 Creighton
  • Dec 16 – Okla St (at Sioux Falls)

Now my guess is

Dec 19/20- Non Con Game

Dec 28, 29, 30- Non Con Game

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

This is a brutal stretch.  Could be 0-fer depending on Illinois.

I agree only because of the turn around times, not so much the teams. Kinda sucks that Creighton has an entire week to prep for us. We'll have played two games in 6 days that week (and even have to travel for one) before playing them on that Saturday. Me no likey that.

16 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

giphy.gif

I remember 2014.  Plus, I remember reading GopherHole and Wildcat Report at this time a year ago.  Having the success we had in the conference season last year entitles us to nothing this year. Another top 4 spot is far from assured, no matter what the pundits say.

http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Nebraska&year=2019

Torvik has us at 7-2 non-con (I don't know why he put Oklahoma at home in there) replace that with the neutral game vs Tech/USC which is probably a coin flip, could put us at 6-3

Creighton owns us and until we actually beat them I'll always put that game in the "L" column, so 5-4

Seton Hall is another coin flip type game so we could be looking at 4-5 if things break bad for us.

But, looking at that stretch in particular (win % odds going by Torvik's numbers)

- @Clemson - 32% (We might be able to keep this one close for a while but most likely lose by double digits)

- Illinois - 64% (Underwood's teams always play tough and depending how their new guys gel could spell danger)

- @Minnesota - 50% (The barn is no joke ever and Minnesota will probably surprise this year, look for them to rebound from last year's disaster)

- Creighton - 69% (As I said before, until we beat them this will always be a loss in my book)

- Ok State (Neutral) - 64% (I don't have a feel for this one too much but this one screams kinda trap-y to me, and Boynton is a scary good coach)

25 minutes ago, 49r said:

I remember 2014.  Plus, I remember reading GopherHole and Wildcat Report at this time a year ago.  Having the success we had in the conference season last year entitles us to nothing this year. Another top 4 spot is far from assured, no matter what the pundits say.

http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Nebraska&year=2019

Torvik has us at 7-2 non-con (I don't know why he put Oklahoma at home in there) replace that with the neutral game vs Tech/USC which is probably a coin flip, could put us at 6-3

Creighton owns us and until we actually beat them I'll always put that game in the "L" column, so 5-4

Seton Hall is another coin flip type game so we could be looking at 4-5 if things break bad for us.

But, looking at that stretch in particular (win % odds going by Torvik's numbers)

- @Clemson - 32% (We might be able to keep this one close for a while but most likely lose by double digits)

- Illinois - 64% (Underwood's teams always play tough and depending how their new guys gel could spell danger)

- @Minnesota - 50% (The barn is no joke ever and Minnesota will probably surprise this year, look for them to rebound from last year's disaster)

- Creighton - 69% (As I said before, until we beat them this will always be a loss in my book)

- Ok State (Neutral) - 64% (I don't have a feel for this one too much but this one screams kinda trap-y to me, and Boynton is a scary good coach)

I feel this is pretty pessimistic imo. Call me crazy but the only game I'm worried about that I think we enter the game as the underdog is Clemson. The other 5 I feel we are the better team and they are the underdogs that need to perform exceptionally well to upset

59 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

I feel this is pretty pessimistic imo. Call me crazy but the only game I'm worried about that I think we enter the game as the underdog is Clemson. The other 5 I feel we are the better team and they are the underdogs that need to perform exceptionally well to upset

That's fair.  I tend to be pretty pessimistic this time of year.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

These odds say that we're more likely to go 5-0 than 0-5

200.gif

Just for comparison's sake (and because I work at the University of Iowa), here's the Hawkeyes' non-con schedule:

Nov. 8: vs. UMKC (10-22 last year) 2K Classic Prelim

Nov. 11: vs. Green Bay (13-20) 2K Classic Prelim

Nov. 15: Oregon (23-13) 2K Classic in NY

Nov. 16: Syracuse (23-14) or UConn (14-18) 2K Classic

Nov. 21: vs. Alabama State (8-23)

Nov. 27: vs. Pittsburgh (8-23) ACC/B1G Challenge

Dec. 6: vs. Iowa State (13-18)

Dec. 15: Northern Iowa (16-16) Hy-Vee Classic in Des Moines

Dec. 18: vs. Western Carolina (13-19)

Dec. 22: vs. Savannah State (15-17)

Dec. 29: vs. Bryant (3-28)

Open dates around Dec. 1-4 and Dec. 8-9 for conference games. Our finals week is Dec. 10-14, so no games then.

That's eight home games.

That's zero true road games.

That's only one game guaranteed against a team with a winning record in 2017-2018.

That's one SWAC opponent.

That's one MEAC opponent.

Edited by jayschool