Not all is doom and gloom. We are beginning to understand the natural world and are gaining a reverence for life - all life.

Huskerpapa

25 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Fyi, when I picked the topic, I leveraged the quote from Roger Tory Peterson.  When I copied and pasted the quote, somehow the author of the quote was left off.  I want to provide credit where credit is due.

cramming a giant quote into a subject title is akin to driving with a spare tire on the interstate

I just spoke with Scott Winter about this very topic. His answer? Tim's the greatest guy in the world. The Big Ten is just too tough for Nebraska to do much better than the world expects it to do.

Oh, well. In case you're curious, Scott's now at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Edited by jayschool

6 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Alright, I'm gonna be honest - that was pretty hilarious. 

The article is not nearly as hilarious as the first reader's comment (from an Indiana fan)  :lol:

Really nice intro

Funny and definitely relevant to this Nebraska team.

This will be the last year of the Tim Miles Show. I liked the hire when Nebraska made it and to his credit he was able to guide them to one NCAA tournament appearance in 2014 which was their first since 1998. That’s no small potatoes.

But neither is the massive amount of cash Nebraska has dumped into their new arena and practice facility since joining the Big Ten. For a brief moment earlier in Miles’ tenure, their sights were set so high. Remember when Miles got Cliff Alexander to visit? While we now know that Alexander going elsewhere was a blessing in disguise, Miles hasn’t been able to hold onto the best recruits that he HAS been able to lure. If Nebraska still had Morrow and Jacobsen next to Watson they’d have a better roster than Penn State. But they don’t. They’ll be awful this year, probably fighting with Rutgers and Ohio State to avoid last place.

Nebrasketball is nearing a reset point, but on the bright side Lincoln is a surprisingly fun town.

Posted by INDIANABANNER on Oct 25, 2017 | 4:18 PM

i don't know if we are significantly better talent wise, but i think palmer/copeland fit in to what we are trying to do a lot better than tai/ed did. our spacing on offense is going to be much better based on what i saw in the exhibition footage. this year's team should be a lot more experienced as well with 7 upper classmen in our 10 man rotation.