Bill Moos named next NU athletic director

Bugeaters1

15 hours ago, swmckewon said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think Miles

will benefit greatly - perhaps most - by Moos' hiring. Miles will work well with an AD who's outgoing and extroverted and relationship oriented. Eichorst struggled there, and Miles - unlike Bo - made his share of good faith efforts toward Eichorst. 

This'll sound odd, but you know what could really use a good men's basketball season?

Nebraska football.

Some other sport at Nebraska needs to take the pressure off in the spring/summer. Husker football, regardless of the coach, could use a little less opinionating and talk radio coverage in the offseason. Of course Husker football will always be No. 1, but it wouldn't hurt if the No. 2 story in March was a NCAA berth/NIT run vs, you know, junior day in recruiting.

I think you're dead on with both points Sam.  When we made the NCAA a few years ago and had no sit Sunday, football took a backseat for a few weeks.

20 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

The name of the link is an unfortunate truncation of the headline, which ends with " 's NCAA tournament drought".  And not that he aims to end Nebraska basketball per se.

• 4 months later...

The Boehm news is interesting to me... and not necessarily in a good way. Hope he proves me wrong. I am also interested what this means for him and the basketball program.

For goodness sake, look at all he is in charge of. Development and ticketing? These are some important responsibilities

Executive Associate Athletic Director Marc Boehm will oversee all external operations, including development, ticketing, N Club, marketing, communications, creative and emerging media, HuskerVision, licensing and branding, spirit squads and community, government and charitable relations. Boehm has been at Nebraska for 15 years.

5 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

So does this mean everyone else lost their jobs? A notable one would be Chris Anderson, a long time member of the athletic department and SID to TO back in the 90’s...

No, not at all. If you scroll down to individual departments you'll see that Chris is still the AD of community relations. 

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204770094

3 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

The Boehm news is interesting to me... and not necessarily in a good way. Hope he proves me wrong. I am also interested what this means for him and the basketball program.

For goodness sake, look at all he is in charge of. Development and ticketing? These are some important responsibilities

Executive Associate Athletic Director Marc Boehm will oversee all external operations, including development, ticketing, N Club, marketing, communications, creative and emerging media, HuskerVision, licensing and branding, spirit squads and community, government and charitable relations. Boehm has been at Nebraska for 15 years.

His bio page is the same as it was in Sept 2017...which was before Moos was hired. If Marc's duties have changed, they're not reflected in his bio.

10 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

His bio page is the same as it was in Sept 2017...which was before Moos was hired. If Marc's duties have changed, they're not reflected in his bio.

The excerpt I copied was from the Omaha.com article (link). Today, Boehm is not in charge of all of that. This is a big change unless I'm reading things incorrectly.

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

No, not at all. If you scroll down to individual departments you'll see that Chris is still the AD of community relations. 

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204770094

I see. But is it safe to say the ones that were previously on the senior leadership have since been removed, except the 7 out of the 15, from Senior Leadership? That’s how I’m reading it...

3 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

The excerpt I copied was from the Omaha.com article (link). Today, Boehm is not in charge of all of that. This is a big change unless I'm reading things incorrectly.

You're right...i read through that too fast

Here is from current UNL bio

image.png