Y'know, I'm tryna keep calm.

Norm Peterson

Tryna take it day by day.  I realize that Santa hasn't even left the North Pole yet, let alone crossed over into U.S. airspace from Canada.

It's still frickin' ONE WHOLE MONTH until the tip-off of the opening game of the first season of the rest of our lives.

I try to only check the board every so often.  I try to only post if I have something to contribute.  Checking more often isn't going to get the season started any sooner.  Just like going to bed at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve isn't going to get Santa to my house any faster.

I've been holding it together pretty well, I think.  I'm sure you'd all agree, right?  A little crabby, maybe?  A little tense?  But by and large, I've been keeping the anticipation in check.

WELL NO MORE!

See, now ... I have a tracking number.

That's right, a tracking number.

The University advises me that my season tickets are en route (along with my clear plastic ticket holder bag).  They're EN ROUTE.  That means my season tickets are ON THE WAY!

OK, if I go off the rails now, it's all UNL's fault.  Just so you all know.  Fire the AD or something because they just unleashed a full six-pack of Norm's whoopass on ya.  What happens next is not my responsibility.

/rant

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Tryna take it day by day.  I realize that Santa hasn't even left the North Pole yet, let alone crossed over into U.S. airspace from Canada.

It's still frickin' ONE WHOLE MONTH until the tip-off of the opening game of the first season of the rest of our lives.

I try to only check the board every so often.  I try to only post if I have something to contribute.  Checking more often isn't going to get the season started any sooner.  Just like going to bed at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve isn't going to get Santa to my house any faster.

I've been holding it together pretty well, I think.  I'm sure you'd all agree, right?  A little crabby, maybe?  A little tense?  But by and large, I've been keeping the anticipation in check.

WELL NO MORE!

The University advises me that my season tickets are en route (along with my clear plastic ticket holder bag).  They're EN ROUTE.  That means my season tickets are ON THE WAY!

OK, if I go off the rails now, it's all UNL's fault.  Just so you all know.  Fire the AD or something because they just unleashed a full six-pack of Norm's whoopass on ya.  What happens next is not my responsibility.

/rant

Means you're no longer off the grid

17 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

WELL NO MORE!

/rant

My Santa tracker says mine are out for delivery today.

26 minutes ago, 49r said:

GOT 'EM!!!!  IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER!!!

...now, what the hell am I supposed to do with this bag?  

It will become your wife's/girlfriend's purse, since no purses are allowed that aren't see through.

So, you already have a thoughtful early XMas present!