Row6Seat10 (read in)

hhcmatt

All,

I have some very bad news. Long time member @Row6Seat10 has passed.

For those of you who did not know him in person (I didn't) his name was Brian Karnatz and he had been battling colon cancer for over a year now. Always positive and dutifully dedicated to the Huskers, you couldn't really tell from his posting other than it's been notably absent for the last month.

When I first took over running this site, Brian WAS the women's section. He specifically was the reason I started posting previews for the women's team on the front page.  Brian would have been 59 next Tuesday.

His funeral will be on Thursday

20265322_1494351241.2101.jpg

• hhcmatt changed the title to Row6Seat10 (read in)

Row was one of the reasons I got interested in this forum. By his interesting and knowledgeable posts he drew me in. I could tell he was truly dedicated to the Husker women's basketball, and it's place in the Husker world. Always knew I could trust the integrity of his posts.

Although never meeting Row6Seat10 I kind of felt I knew him. As whoop say's ...."Death ends a life, not a relationship"...... this epitaph to his good way of recognizing what a good guy he was. The kind of person you sometimes are lucky enough to meet once in a while in life....and remember.

Very sad indeed...prayers for his family and friends. We'll miss him too.

Wow.

He left an indelible mark on this board for those who appreciate the game and the women's team.  His contributions were substantive and substantial and he always managed to avoid the fray of hurt feelings and people being pissed off at each other like when the stuff with Coach Yori went down.

May he rest in peace.

His loss is going to leave a huuuuge void on this board. 

I'm not just saying this because he's gone.  And I tried to give him props while he was still here.  But, his work on the recruiting threads alone was amazing.  Beyond amazing.  Words cannot describe how much valuable content he produced for our consumption. 

Those recruiting threads were where I ("fell in love with" is too strong) became a fan of the young women who have donned the Husker uniform over the years.  And I'm sure I speak for most everyone on here when I say that.

To the fathers of the girls on this team who post here: Those recruiting threads were epic and those were the introductions we had to your daughters.  Those were the places where we, as fans, began to feel an attachment to the young women who joined Husker nation (and some of the ones who didn't -- Kathleen Doyle for instance.)

I never knew him in person, but I am really, really going to miss Row6's contributions to this board.  I can't imagine it's going to be the same without him.

He's going to be sorely missed.

59 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

His loss is going to leave a huuuuge void on this board. 

I'm not just saying this because he's gone.  And I tried to give him props while he was still here.  But, his work on the recruiting threads alone was amazing.  Beyond amazing.  Words cannot describe how much valuable content he produced for our consumption. 

Those recruiting threads were where I ("fell in love with" is too strong) became a fan of the young women who have donned the Husker uniform over the years.  And I'm sure I speak for most everyone on here when I say that.

To the fathers of the girls on this team who post here: Those recruiting threads were epic and those were the introductions we had to your daughters.  Those were the places where we, as fans, began to feel an attachment to the young women who joined Husker nation (and some of the ones who didn't -- Kathleen Doyle for instance.)

I never knew him in person, but I am really, really going to miss Row6's contributions to this board.  I can't imagine it's going to be the same without him.

He's going to be sorely missed.

Truer words have not been said Norm.

I did get to meet him at one of our pregame get togethers.  He was a very nice guy and enjoyed talking to him.

RIP Row 6.    sigh...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. As others have stated, your contributions to this website got me interested in women's basketball and was my main source of information on the status of the program.  You will truly be missed by all of us who visit this forum. RIP my brother.

6 hours ago, arliepro said:

My thoughts and prayers to his family as well! What about honoring him somehow during the season, a la the "Play for Kay" game?

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

The men's team's board is called "Haymarket Hardwood," not "Nebraska Men's Basketball."

I think the women's board should be renamed "Row 6, Seat 10."

18 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The men's team's board is called "Haymarket Hardwood," not "Nebraska Men's Basketball."

I think the women's board should be renamed "Row 6, Seat 10."

Heartily Endorsed!  (I was thinking maybe something like "Brian's Forum' or 'Brian's WBB'  but I think Norm has a good take, maybe everyone will always take a look at 'the seat' when going to WBB games.)

Just to add a thought,  I'm so very glad FastBreaker expressed this sentiment in another thread; and that Row6Seat10 knows of the high regard we have for him.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:47 AM, Fastbreaker said:

As usual Row 6 nails it with as good a outlook as I have seen.  My wife and I were part of the core of 200. That's also when I first became a Fastbreaker board member.  Thanks Row 6 for all you do for this board.

On 7/18/2017 at 4:26 PM, Row6Seat10 said:

Anyone else?!.........just kidding!  :P

Thanks for the kind remarks above guys they're appreciated. I actually think we have one of the top collegiate wbb message boards out there. There are some teams with none even in the B1G. I love to read what HB or Hud or Norm Petersen or anyone else who writes here, whether you agree or disagree, whether they have 2 posts or 15,000 posts to this forum, in my opinion everyone who contributes to our corner of the  cyber-world make this place great.

Edited by Red Don