This years starters

Bugeaters1

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to This years starters
5 minutes ago, Actualfacts1 said:

I'm thinking the starting lineup is going to be Bria, Hannah, Nicea, Maddie, Darrien. Just my guess though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

That's why I started the thread is to see what others are thinking as to how the lineup will shake out.

Doubt any of the true freshmen start. That being said, it will probably be Rachel, Hanna, Nicea, Bria,  .......Janay,  Maddie or Jasmine. Depends if Coach wants a guard, or forward. Got some injuries now I guess...don't know how serious that is.

...but....a freshman could be a starter as the season goes along.  This year we're so not forced to play inexperienced players before they get their feet on the ground.

Maddie and Jasmine.....have they adopted the new systems?

I would love to be at practice this month. Said it a couple of times before, but this will be a much different team than last year. We have strong sophomore class that has played quite a bit. 

And two nice redshirts to see the floor.  The two freshman will play. Maddie was adapting to the system as the season wore on last year, and won't have to be a point guard.  Taylor and Maddie will probably be the shooting 4 ? If Taylor can start fast and drill some buckets, I look to see a lot from her.  Several combinations possible , but the way the personnel spreads out over the positions, we should be stronger all during the game.

But think most all of the "bench" will play fairly soon, and will play often.

Edited by redsteve

32 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Doubt any of the true freshmen start. That being said, it will probably be Rachel, Hanna, Nicea, Bria,  .......Janay,  Maddie or Jasmine. Depends if Coach wants a guard, or forward. Got some injuries now I guess...don't know how serious that is.

...but....a freshman could be a starter as the season goes along.  This year we're so not forced to play inexperienced players before they get their feet on the ground.

Maddie and Jasmine.....have they adopted the new systems?

I would love to be at practice this month. Said it a couple of times before, but this will be a much different team than last year. We have strong sophomore class that has played quite a bit. 

And two nice redshirts to see the floor.  The two freshman will play. Maddie was adapting to the system as the season wore on last year, and won't have to be a point guard.  Taylor and Maddie will probably be the shooting 4 ? If Taylor can start fast and drill some buckets, I look to see a lot from her.  Several combinations possible , but the way the personnel spreads out over the positions, we should be stronger all during the game.

But think most all of the "bench" will play fairly soon, and will play often.

coach really likes Kissinger, says that when she steps in the gym she has range.

I'm thinking the starting lineup is going to be Bria, Hannah, Nicea, Maddie, Darrien. Just my guess though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Looking at the whole scope of the team, I agree with Actualfacts. I think that it's Darrien's job to lose for the starting center. Bria is also nursing an injury but is playing through it. As long as she stays healthy, I see her getting the starting nod at pg. She's an explosive pg that can get that transition going. She can also score but looks to pass first. I haven't seen Taylor or Janay play but I hear they are very good. I think Maddie will probably get the nod as she turned it up the last few games of last season and has the potential to be a very good player. I think she'll be on another level this year. It's a no brainer that Nicea and Hannah should start seeing what they did last season and as long as they continue to work hard. It should be an interesting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is impossible without knowing what Coach will do with Hannah and Bria. Is Hannah the point guard or the shooting guard?  If Hannah and Bria play together, is Hannah the 2 or does Bria play the 2?  Point guard is the one position where it is difficult to split time.....like a football team having 2 quarterbacks, it usually does not work.   I think Taylor is a 3 more than a 4, both offensively and defensively.  Is Nicea the 2 with Hannah, or the 3 with Bria and Hannah?  OK, this still leaves Janay, Jasmine, Maddie, Darrien, and Grace.......not easy.  Considering we lost a lot of inside scoring, I would say Rachel, Kate, Hannah, and Nicea with either Bria or Taylor depending on point guard scenario. When we lose 20 something games like last year, we can't be too surprised when the transfers and freshman start and/or play a lot. How many guesses do we get?      

Don't know about the 4 and 5 positions due to injury and the opportunity to change the style of play from those two positions since Shepard left so will not even try.  I will stick with my previous post from months ago for the other 3 positions.  Bria is a natural and talented point guard.  Hannah fits the shooting guard well and Nicea has the physical toughness to scrap inside for rebounds and still handle the ball and shoot from the outside at the 3.  My problem previously was where to put Janay but since she is hurt at present it will take some time to fit her in.  Probably can play multiple positions coming off the bench.  Irregardless of who starts everyone will get a chance to earn valuable minutes.  I am looking for a big improvement in defense.

Maddie is going to play a lot at the stretch 4 and do well  -- nicea and Hannah should b ready to have very nice seasons now that they have a year under their belt. -- I would not be surprised if Jas surprises people and I hope she does because she is a nice kid and deserves it -- we desperately need Rachel to stay healthy enough to play a lot -- Kate is a big strong kid and good talent.  People need to remember she is young and the speed of the gm bothers most posts for a considerable time while as they adjust (Jess was an exception as a freshman not the rule ) -- Bria and Janae both add needed athleticism   Bria has all the physical tools and skills to be a very good pg   Biggest adjustment willl be learning to b a vocal leader at a position that needs to b vocal -- darrien has lost weight and is moving better and healthy and will show flashes of athelticism that surprise people - grace will battle her tail off and should b more comfortable as a soph - all 12 kids including Emily will play some because we only have 12, and its girls bball so people will always b banged up -- team chemistry and sr leadership are way better and schedule is more manageable -- toxicity is gone and coaches can truly coach.-- tough situation last year when the most talented player doesn't buy in   Creates a toxicity that cannot be under estimated. -- we will still have ups and downs but the program will steadily begin to return to where the fan base wants it. We have a very good 2018 class signed and r in on some great 2019 and 2020 kids. Young players are now being exposed to a work rate and work ethic that is needed and have good upperclass examples to follow  

And obviously Taylor will play a lot and have great moments.  She is long talented and scores in bunches.   Physicality will b an adjustment but she played high level club and has been around it.   Cross our fingers she can stay healthy and utilize her skills and talents.   Again, however, people need to be patient. Bcs level basketball is a major jump for kids and takes time 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, kansashusker said:

[snipped] toxicity is gone and coaches can truly coach.-- tough situation last year when the most talented player doesn't buy in   Creates a toxicity that cannot be under estimated.

This is so true.  Coach gets blamed for a bad w/l record but sometimes that w/l record is the result of factors absolutely beyond a coach's control.

This is NOT an excuse. It's real. Ask anyone who's ever played organized sports or been involved in any sort of team activity and they'll tell you the cohesiveness of the unit can be really degraded by just a couple of asswipes with their own agenda.  And when that happens, you just don't win a lot of games, regardless of the level of talent in the program or the ability of the coach.

I think we saw that the last 2 years for the women and  2 years ago for the guys.

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

This is so true.  Coach gets blamed for a bad w/l record but sometimes that w/l record is the result of factors absolutely beyond a coach's control.

This is NOT an excuse. It's real. Ask anyone who's ever played organized sports or been involved in any sort of team activity and they'll tell you the cohesiveness of the unit can be really degraded by just a couple of asswipes with their own agenda.  And when that happens, you just don't win a lot of games, regardless of the level of talent in the program or the ability of the coach.

I think we saw that the last 2 years for the women and  2 years ago for the guys.

T.H.I.S. times 100.