2019 PF Zeke Nnaji -> Arizona

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 PF Zeke Nnaji
46 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

TBH I get why Wisconsin offered him....big fundamentals with an outside shot. 

Yeah, as soon as I started watching the video my first thought was "so this is who is going to be terrorizing us from Wisconsin for four years, then".

The other thing is just a joke.

Wow! Don't know if the competition in the film was that great, but this kid appears to have some great tools. Post moves. Finishes with either hand. Can put it on the floor AND shoot jumpers. If he's gonna end up at Minnesota I wish I had never seen this. Don't want to have any hope if it's simply futile. 

11 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

So why was he always being guarded by someone 3 inches or more shorter than him?

Cant speak specifically to it but I know when I was in high school I was the tallest on our team at 6'7'' and played many teams with their tallest guy shorter than me. It's just possible that's the case here. 

5 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Cant speak specifically to it but I know when I was in high school I was the tallest on our team at 6'7'' and played many teams with their tallest guy shorter than me. It's just possible that's the case here. 

Yes I figured that was the case. I guess I was saying in a roundabout way that since he seems to be substantially taller than his competition that  maybe he is not playing the top level during the summer months which, though his post moves did look good, might make him look better than he actually is at this moment in time. Sorry for being so obtuse. 

2 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Yes I figured that was the case. I guess I was saying in a roundabout way that since he seems to be substantially taller than his competition that  maybe he is not playing the top level during the summer months which, though his post moves did look good, might make him look better than he actually is at this moment in time. Sorry for being so obtuse. 

Actually, I think he's playing up.  The other guy on his team, #15, is Jarvis Thomas, a 2018 prospect in the Rivals 150.  The first few clips, it looks like he's playing against guys about his size.  There are some clips where he's going up against someone shorter and I wonder if that was just a mismatch on a switch defensively. 

He has some work to do on his shot.  I do not like the way his right, shooting hand crosses the center line of his body when he loads to shoot. He's basically shooting from his left eye, across his body, with his right elbow out and his right forearm up at about a 60* angle.  Maybe even 45*.  It works for Lonzo Ball but better mechanics will lead to better shooting for nearly everyone else.

I'd hope he could get some film of just him shooting from various angles so that he can see what he looks like.  He still has time to fix it.

Not bashing, I think he looks like he has good athleticism and body control to go along with a good shot for a guy his size.  But the kid whose shot he blocks at about the 1:10 mark is about a head below Zeke's shoulder, can't be more than 5' 3".  That one really shouldn't be in a highlight video for anyone who is 6'9" with D-1 aspirations.  I literally LOLed when watching that play.

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

Not bashing, I think he looks like he has good athleticism and body control to go along with a good shot for a guy his size.  But the kid whose shot he blocks at about the 1:10 mark is about a head below Zeke's shoulder, can't be more than 5' 3".  That one really shouldn't be in a highlight video for anyone who is 6'9" with D-1 aspirations.  I literally LOLed when watching that play.

Did the exact same thing hahaha reminded me of if I made a highlight reel that's pretty much all it would be. Swatting 4th graders.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Actually, I think he's playing up.  The other guy on his team, #15, is Jarvis Thomas, a 2018 prospect in the Rivals 150.  The first few clips, it looks like he's playing against guys about his size.  There are some clips where he's going up against someone shorter and I wonder if that was just a mismatch on a switch defensively. 

He has some work to do on his shot.  I do not like the way his right, shooting hand crosses the center line of his body when he loads to shoot. He's basically shooting from his left eye, across his body, with his right elbow out and his right forearm up at about a 60* angle.  Maybe even 45*.  It works for Lonzo Ball but better mechanics will lead to better shooting for nearly everyone else.

I'd hope he could get some film of just him shooting from various angles so that he can see what he looks like.  He still has time to fix it.

You maybe right but when I scan the court, in every scene he is the tallest player on the court by a significant margin.