2019 PF Zeke Nnaji -> Arizona

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 PF Zeke Nnaji -> Arizona
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

FYI, he's only a verbal to AZ and hasn't signed an LOI yet.

From the Twin Cities.  Where the Timberwolves play.  And Hoiberg used to be a front office guy.

Just sayin.

Norm, are you hearing things or hoping for things? TBH, after the hire this weekend if we got a guy like this I might lose my mind...

12 hours ago, Buglem said:

Norm, are you hearing things or hoping for things? TBH, after the hire this weekend if we got a guy like this I might lose my mind...

Hoping. But what the heck. Arizona could be swept up in the FBI thing. Hoiberg was away from the college game just long enough to likely not have been even potentially an object of investigation and represents a safe landing spot.

Further, his NBA experience means he has cred; his being a new hire means he’s not likely going anywhere for your entire college career; his proximity to your hometown means your family could make it to some games.

Hoiberg has some things to sell here, and there’s no ink on an LOI at this point. Why not?

On 4/1/2019 at 7:40 PM, Norm Peterson said:

FYI, he's only a verbal to AZ and hasn't signed an LOI yet.

From the Twin Cities.  Where the Timberwolves play.  And Hoiberg used to be a front office guy.

Just sayin.

So, since I updated that zeke committed to Zona 4 months ago, he has small scale blown up. He is now a top 30, 5 star on rivals for what that is worth and it is mostly based on measurements. Zeke is 6 foot 9 or 10 or 11 based on who you ask. 

The best thing about Zeke is that he moves well. Really well. If anything he is a 6 10 guy who can run with anybody. He LOVES to pick and pop, and he has the range to do it. He is also a plus ball handler, so it would be very interesting to see how hoiberg would use a kid like this (point-4 action would be very fun to watch, also what if Roby stays ? does Roby play point 4 and become the video game type player we all need/expect ) 

Zeke is clearly a take at any cost player, but, personally, I don't love his game.  Zeke could, and I think would, handle and grow to be a center point of hoiberg offense, but next year he won't be able to simply score over guys like he did in Minnesota HS basketball. We also don't have a typical big to play behind him next year. He is not the back to the basket kind of player that many of the Husker faithful are calling for (I'm sorry but David Robinson retired 20 years ago) and he is not a presence defensively in the post.

Do I want this kid: Yes! Would he be a sign of Nebraska really starting to gain a foothold on talent in the midwest: OH Hell Yes! Was the best freshman in the big ten this past year on very disappointing teams (ayo on Illinois and Romeo on IU) and they both may enter the draft.... Well, yeah #bewareof5star