We can still finish 13-18!

PimpMario

If we can beat NW and PSU at home and split the Iowa games we get to 13 wins.

So if we finish 13-19 how do you feel about the season?  

I would say that is slightly better than I expected; granted we have to try to win 3 more.  NW and Iowa will be hard to get but I like our chances against PSU at home.

Well, the season has been much better than the guys who predicted single-digit wins and worse than the guys who predicting NIT or other post-season appearance.  I think it's about what a lot of us figured, BUT Miles has done it under much more difficult circumstances than we'd anticipated.  Injuries sidelining even our walk-ons.  I mean, c'mon. 

I have no expectations for the rest of the year.  If we lose from here on out, I'll be disappointed in individual games but we're so short-handed and limited in skill, size and athleticism, that this season is already a success in my view.  AFAIC, they've over-acheived already.  (OK, not quite, but close.)

Well, the season has been much better than the guys who predicted single-digit wins and worse than the guys who predicting NIT or other post-season appearance.  I think it's about what a lot of us figured, BUT Miles has done it under much more difficult circumstances than we'd anticipated.  Injuries sidelining even our walk-ons.  I mean, c'mon. 

I have no expectations for the rest of the year.  If we lose from here on out, I'll be disappointed in individual games but we're so short-handed and limited in skill, size and athleticism, that this season is already a success in my view.  AFAIC, they've over-acheived already.  (OK, not quite, but close.)

I thought we'd struggle to get just 10 wins this year, and we're already there! So there's that. And I think we'll get a couple more before it's over.

Gophers look like their imploding, Does the ghost of one Robert Devaney deliver us a win in the last ever game at the Bob? 

R.I.P Husker Bob, Mad Mike and all the rest........ 

Of course it looked like the Illini were imploding also.  It's all about timing and catching people at the right (or wrong) time. 

but it would be great to send out the Bob in glorious fashion.

Few things, I just started another post in light of NW's win, they are looking pretty good.  

To make the NIT you can't have a losign record.

You can go to lesser tournys with a losing record but they are not going to take a 13-19 team probably not even a 14-18 or 15-17.

Get to 16-16 and now you are talking.  16-16 seem so incredibly daunting I won't even joke about it.

Gophers look like their imploding, Does the ghost of one Robert Devaney deliver us a win in the last ever game at the Bob? 

R.I.P Husker Bob, Mad Mike and all the rest........ 

Of course it looked like the Illini were imploding also.  It's all about timing and catching people at the right (or wrong) time. 

but it would be great to send out the Bob in glorious fashion.

The only game Minnesota has lost at home was vs Michigan.

On a side note, does Nebraska play better on the road because it's more rested due to travelling instead of practicing?

I live in Minneapolis and have seen this Gopher movie before. In 5 years, Tubby has posted a losing record in Conference every year.  They only won 6 games last season with far more talent than we had.  I don't think we have a chance at the Barn, but it would be poetic to win our last game at the Devaney.