Xavier Johnson isn't N

Navin R. Johnson

1 hour ago, HB said:

One more year vs. one more  shot.  Let's not pretend he has a shot.  Plus, the choices weren't between firing him now and trying us up for 6 years. 

I think he has a shot.   But it's dependent on production.  He wins 20 next year with a tourney bid and its real tough to fire the guy.

My preference wouldve been to see Moos add 2 years onto his contract, but I'm not bent out of shape on that considering the situation he was put into and other things he's been dealing with/facing.   I'll base my opinion on Moos based on what he does with what appears to be a likely transaction next March/April

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

I think he has a shot.   But it's dependent on production.  He wins 20 next year with a tourney bid and its real tough to fire the guy.

My preference wouldve been to see Moos add 2 years onto his contract, but I'm not bent out of shape on that considering the situation he was put into and other things he's been dealing with/facing.   I'll base my opinion on Moos based on what he does with what appears to be a likely transaction next March/April

Well, if he still has a shot, then the University's inaction is really perplexing, become it screws the pooch on the succeeding years.  The impact of the recruiting problem and difficulties with replacing Hunter will be felt after next year.  And to me this isn't just about Moos.  Their is some guy whose initials are HB (also) who is in his ear.  If Miles truly has a shot, why tie his hands?  Money?  Give me a break, we throw that around lie candy at a parade.  

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

I also think people are making a lot of assumptions, Moos could have offered Miles a 2 year extension and Miles and his agent declined. I’m with you, not saying Moos is innocent in all this, but lets give him some time before we pin him for all the failures of Nebrasketball 

14 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don’t know, coming in many propped him up quite a bit as a recruit. Let’s not forget Miles mouthpiece(lee) said he was what...the best three point shooter he has seen in a Husker uni? I’d like to think we can replace him but we don’t seem to be hitting the recruiting trail all that hard right now. 

Pretty obvious reasons why we're not hitting the recruiting trail hard right now.  What wind twisting begets 

39 minutes ago, HB said:

Well, if he still has a shot, then the University's inaction is really perplexing, become it screws the pooch on the succeeding years.  The impact of the recruiting problem and difficulties with replacing Hunter will be felt after next year.  And to me this isn't just about Moos.  Their is some guy whose initials are HB (also) who is in his ear.  If Miles truly has a shot, why tie his hands?  Money?  Give me a break, we throw that around lie candy at a parade.  

Like I said, my preference would’ve been a shirt extension for optics.   But I also understand the hesitancy.   Be a lot easier to be critical if he came in on level footing.  The deck was stacked against him.  

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

Like I said, my preference would’ve been a shirt extension for optics.   But I also understand the hesitancy.   Be a lot easier to be critical if he came in on level footing.  The deck was stacked against him.  

I hear what you’re saying but even with a stacked deck you have to play your hand. Right now it appears he’s looking around the table waiting to see what happens. It’s eerily and disgustingly similar to last year. Maybe Davison should handle the basketball situation. It’s starting to look like he was the real mastermind behind football. 

4 hours ago, imnothipp said:

Because it would appear NU does not have the athletes best interest at heart. Other schools would use that against NU, making it even harder to recruit....

Well then they might as well do away with letters of intent.  What's the point if politics make them meaningless?   How far down does the "not having the best interest at heart" go?   Head coach is one thing, then assistant.    Pretty soon it will be a release has to be given if the student manager changes. 

Edited by HB

12 minutes ago, HB said:

Well then they might as well do away with letters of intent.  What's the point if politics make them meaningless?   How far down does the "not having the best interest at heart" does it go?   Head coach is one thing, then assistant.    Pretty soon it will be a release has to be given if the student manager changes. 

Coaches change schools every year and are not penalized....

I want to throw this question out here because I want to see if I am the only one that is wondering this?

And heck I haven't been down arrowed or gotten into it with anybody in a long time, and the weather sucks and I don't real feel that great so maybe I am just a bit testy right now.

Anyhue,  I don't  want to throw a high school senior under the bus ( but it might seem like it)  but why hasn't anybody questioned

X-Man not having a bigger commitement to us than just with a single assistant coach?  

We talk about all the positives that we feel this school and program has: New age workout facilities, beautiful new arena, sold out crowds, a very good education awaiting, all the help one would need to get that education, playing time, power 5 conference, chance to help change a program, top of the line weight rooms, food services...  the list goes on and he bails within 24 hours of an assistant coach leaving.

So he was only coming here because of Kenya.  

I don't know it just kind of sounds so shallow to me.  And yes that is just my opinion. 

I do work with kids all day everyday so I do know how they have changed over the years, I just feel that most kids that I know or have taught would pick a school for more than just an assistant coach.

You know like a coach and the school mascot.  Or that they have soft serve ice cream at lunch and dinner and it is all you can eat.

And yes I know it is all about relationships now, that is how I teach, but it still just seems very shallow.

Edited by Silverbacked1

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

I want to throw this question out here because I want to see if I am the only one that is wondering this?

And heck I haven't been down arrowed or gotten into it with anybody in a long time, and the weather sucks and I don't real feel that great so maybe I am just a bit testy right now.

Anyhue,  I don't  want to throw a high school senior under the bus ( but it might seem like it)  but why hasn't anybody questioned

X-Man not having a bigger commitement to us than just with a single assistant coach?  

We talk about all the positives that we feel this school and program has: New age workout facilities, beautiful new arena, sold out crowds, a very good education awaiting, all the help one would need to get that education, playing time, power 5 conference, chance to help change a program, top of the line weight rooms, food services...  the list goes on and he bails within 24 hours of an assistant coach leaving.

So he was only coming here because of Kenya.  

I don't know it just kind of sounds so shallow to me.  And yes that is just my opinion. 

I do work with kids all day everyday so I do know how they have changed over the years, I just feel that most kids that I know or have taught would pick a school for more than just an assistant coach.

You know like a coach and the school mascot.  Or that they have soft serve ice cream at lunch and dinner and it is all you can eat.

And yes I know it is all about relationships now, that is how I teach, but it still just seems very shallow.

If everything else is solid ( and NOTHING is ) and Kenya leaves, I doubt he wants out.  But, NOTHING is and he’s hitting the panic button big time.  I can’t really blame him.  I wish he’d man up and accept challenge however.  After all, there are no guarantees anywhere and transferring is always possible ( “everybody’s doing it”).  Again though, he’s thinking “what the heck is going on there?”   Hopefully the dust settles and he re-commits.

5 hours ago, Ronny said:

XJ hurts, but he was only a 3 star.  Not like we had a 5 star landed.  We can easily recover.

"Easily"?  Are u nuts.   There is no recovery.  We're a year out from knowing who  our coach will be, and we can even start recruiting.  The cupboard will be completely bare for Miles'' successor.  We'll be going thru then"start from scratch" phase once again.  

Edited by HB

1 hour ago, HB said:

"Easily"?  Are u nuts.   There is no recovery.  We're a year out from knowing who are coach will be, and we can even start recruiting.  The cupboard will be completely bare formMiles' successor.  We'll be going thru then"start from scratch" phase once again.  

This is a really good point.  Not only are we hurting the now with what is going on, but we are also hurting Miles in the next few years OR a new coach in the next few years.