Xavier Johnson isn't N

Navin R. Johnson

Just now, jimmykc said:

Still under sedation obviously.          This calls for a replay of The Turtles classic "Chicken Little Was Right.

You've never truly lived until you've posted on an internet message board while under the influence of legally prescribed narcotics.

If we're being honest, this isn't completely on Miles.  So for those saying that it's same ole, same ole, this one right now isn't completely on Miles.  Moos needs to crap or get off the pot with his decision.  That decision has probably played an affect in losing an assistant and recruit so far.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

Not generally.

Actually, not ever that I've seen.

I don't think I've seen it either, but this will leave a little flicker of hope...

Johnson said he will still consider Nebraska an option and hopes to continue to strengthen his relationship with Miles going forward.

“I’m still interested in going (to Nebraska), I just wanted to reevaluate my options and build a relationship with Coach Miles and all the other coaches,” Johnson said. “The relationship me and Coach Hunter had was a big part in me going there, and with him moving on, I have to build another relationship like that.

Asked if he had thought about the idea of following Hunter to UConn, Johnson quickly responded: “No.”

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

He says we're still in the mix. So maybe there's a little hope yet, but usually these sort of things don't result in the kid going back to the original school.

Xavier said his relationship with Hunter was the biggest reason he chose Nebraska. He said he will try to build a relationship with Miles and the other coaches while he reevaluates his recruitment. It's head scratching (to say the least) that the head coach didn't have much of a relationship with his top recruit.

Just now, dustystehl said:

Xavier said his relationship with Hunter was the biggest reason he chose Nebraska. He said he will try to build a relationship with Miles and the other coaches while he reevaluates his recruitment. It's head scratching (to say the least) that the head coach didn't have much of a relationship with his top recruit.

It is a bit perplexing...

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If we're being honest, this isn't completely on Miles.  So for those saying that it's same ole, same ole, this one right now isn't completely on Miles.  Moos needs to crap or get off the pot with his decision.  That decision has probably played an affect in losing an assistant and recruit so far.

Tough not to blame the head coach when the kid says he doesn't have much of a relationship with him.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Maybe I’m wrong but any recruit/coach with half a brain realizes that Miles is teetering with our without an extension.  Not saying that Moos doesn’t need to shit or get off the pot. 

All on Miles

Moos has been here just over 5 months and has had much bigger fires to put out not to mention being put in a very difficult position by eichorst.   It was a lose lose situation for Moos no matter what

he fires Miles, he just fired a 22 win coach who turned out the 3rd best regular season win total in school history.  

He extends him, the same people criticizing him now for not doing it, will be complaining about him next year when he likely has to make a change.   

As mentioned, very perplexing and inexcusable that Miles doesn’t have a relationship with him.   Also, maybe it’s me, but I tend to think the guy directly responsible for the hoops program, who has been here for 6 years, most of them unproductive, deserves far more skepticism on the matter over the guy who has been here for 5 months while mostly dealing with other things 

Edited by nustudent

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

This is a little bit of a relief to me.  I'd been asking myself how am I going to put up with watching his ugly jumper for the next 4 years, and now I won't have to.

C'mon, it's a little silver lining; you gotta give me that.

Haha it was a pretty broken jumper. We're allowed to say that now.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Mismanagement by Miles or the AD ? And now you think Miles will be fired.

3 years of no support from the department.  No one can survive that.  It's been obvious for a month that this isn't going to end well, whether it is this month  or the end of next season.   Either support your coach or make a change.  This is 2013 in football.  No one learns.    We'll be starting over from rock bottom once again.  

46 minutes ago, twinswingohuskers said:

Although Moos seems to be pushing all the right buttons in football, his strategy in basketball reminds me a little of Barry Collier.  Barry just let things float along and then screwed the

basketball team by leaving at the toughest time to find a replacement.

I'm no Barry fan, but that was all Pedey shine.  Barry just didn't wait around to be fired on Pedey's time frame.  The whole world knew what was going on there.   Have you ever tried to succeed in a job where your boss was against you?  

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

All on Miles

Moos has been here just over 5 months and has had much bigger fires to put out not to mention being put in a very difficult position by eichorst.   It was a lose lose situation for Moos no matter what

he fires Miles, he just fired a 22 win coach who turned out the 3rd best regular season win total in school history.  

He extends him, the same people criticizing him now for not doing it, will be complaining about him next year when he likely has to make a change.   

As mentioned, very perplexing and inexcusable that Miles doesn’t have a relationship with him.   Also, maybe it’s me, but I tend to think the guy directly responsible for the hoops program, who has been here for 6 years, most of them unproductive, deserves far more skepticism on the matter over the guy who has been here for 5 months while mostly dealing with other things 

It's combination of the last two years of Eichorst  and now Moos.   You can't do this 3 years in a row.  You can get away with one, maybe two.  But not 3.  If is all on Miles and he's not your guy, then have the balls to fire him.  This is guaranteed failure.  Name a good assistant that would sign on to this now?  

30 minutes ago, HB said:

It's combination of the last two years of Eichorst  and now Moos.   You can't do this 3 years in a row.  You can get away with one, maybe two.  But not 3.  If is all on Miles and he's not your guy, then have the balls to fire him.  This is guaranteed failure.  Name a good assistant that would sign on to this now?  

Maybe he couldn’t get someone who he liked this year and with the potential possibly returning he thought it was better to give one more shot than hire another crapshoot, tying us up for 6 more years    

30 minutes ago, HB said:

Well, Nana is gone also, but I wouldn't call that a big band aid rip off.  

I don’t know, coming in many propped him up quite a bit as a recruit. Let’s not forget Miles mouthpiece(lee) said he was what...the best three point shooter he has seen in a Husker uni? I’d like to think we can replace him but we don’t seem to be hitting the recruiting trail all that hard right now. 

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

Maybe he couldn’t get someone who he liked this year and with the potential possibly returning he thought it was better to give one more shot than hire another crapshoot, tying us up for 6 more years    

One more year vs. one more  shot.  Let's not pretend he has a shot.  Plus, the choices weren't between firing him now and trying us up for 6 years. 

Edited by HB

Holy everything. I can’t wrap my mind around everything that’s happening right now. Best season in nearly a quarter century. And now, this. For whatever it is, I think I’ll call it Nebrasketball, how would things be different if Svi missed one shot or if we had decided to foul maybe Azubuike??? One possession and no matter how big of a Miles fan you are or are not, we have a different momentum right now. A different feel. One shot. But that’s how it goes and I’m glad I’m not Miles because I would be second guessing and replaying that play in my mind 10,000x more than I am.