By the way ...

Norm Peterson

I'm not sure this qualifies as inside information but I talked to a father whose son was at the rec center when six of the Huskers came in to play. They split themselves 3 and 3 and filled in with 4 non-players. So this is a one-time picture of their performances and may not be a reliable sample size to be extrapolated into long-term results. I will list them in reverse order of how they impressed on this day.

Malcolm Laws - was outplayed by a couple of the non-players

Antone Gill - Showed some good handles but appeared to be a shadow of his former athletic self. 

Jordy Tshimanga - In his defense he was described as "pretending to be a guard." He was guarding a 6'5ish non-player who repeatedly dropped threes on him as he stayed in the lane and then would be unmercifully trash talked by McVeigh. When he missed a jump hook Jack said something like "He has you clamped down too." At that point the non-player spoke for the first time and said, "Clamps." Which he then immediately regretted I'm sure. Jody took him to the block on the next possession, dropped stepped him, and when the 6'5 kid tried to go up with him got thrown across the gym as Jordy did a Shaq chin up on the rim with knees up and everything. It was described as way more athletic a move than anything they had ever seen him do before, very explosive. 

Jack McVeigh - Did a lot of good things handling, defending, passing, rebounding, and the best trash talker, but shot poorly from behind the line.

Evan Taylor -  He was guarded by Gill and many times doubled by Roby and they couldn't stop him. He repeatedly beat them off the dribble and finished at the rim. He even knocked down a couple of threes.

Roby - Shot well but was most impressive as a freak of an athlete. Showed good handles and there were multiple occasions he looked like he was going in for the floater but somehow managed to float all the way to the rim and hammer it. They said he took off so far out they thought there was no way he could get to the rim from there only to see him flush it again.

So there you have it. A picture into one day of pick-up ball by six Huskers. Take it for what it is.

Edited by Dean Smith

5 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I know for a fact he played pick up ball at the rec on Thursday night.

Wouldnt doubt it. Hoopers gonna hoop.

For example, Jaylen Bradley at UNO a couple years ago was being held out of practice for a stress reaction in his foot, decided to play a pick up game at HPER and ended up breaking his foot

10 minutes ago, CrazyforNUHOOPS said:

It means maybe they weren’t who he thought they were. 

10 minutes ago, CrazyforNUHOOPS said:

It means maybe they weren’t who he thought they were. 

If you have the slightest knowledge of NU basketball (and this kid is a big fan - he knows who dunked on him),  you can't miss Jordy. If you read my post up the page, he was one of 6 NU hoopster to play at the rec that night.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, khoock said:

WJordy doesnt seem to be particpating in any of the drills/scrimmages from the end of offseason workouts to the first day of practice.

Looks like he was in sweats today.

So far I haven't seen him participating at all. I screenshotted this photo from Snapchat, and Jordy appears to have sandals and glasses on. It was the very end of practice so it's possible he had already taken his shoes off, but I get the impression he wasn't able to participate.

(I had to reduce the image size in order to upload on my phone. If you want a clearer image go to huskerhoops on Snapchat)

IMG_0386.PNG