SE GONE

huskerchode

Don't think new coaches all over the place will happen.  Maybe one big one over the next couple of weeks depending how the football team performs.  A new AD will come and evaluate all programs looking for ways for the teams to improve.  After football the only other possibility I see near term would be MBB coach depending on how the team does this year.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:16 PM, Cazzie22 said:

I would think Coach a Williams will be a little nervous.  Eichorst didn't conduct much of a search in selecting her, similar to Riley.  

If the women pick it up bunch, then the staff may be one of the good parts for the new Ad to see. ...time will tell, but for the new AD, seeing a positive future for the program is everything.

Good recruiting classes coming in....how fast can they contribute?.  That Coach Amy is recruiting well right out of the gate ... is a good sign. Anxious to see how this team progresses this fall, and develops.   It will not go unnoticed by the new AD...one way or the another.

The first and biggest fill will most likely be football.  That was the most "unlikely" hire to start with. Never made since to me. Riley never was a consistent winner...anywhere.

...and maybe men's basketball. But I do like coach MIles. Recruiting to here has always seemed to be an issue, for most men's basketball coaches we've had. Lots of turnover too.

Actually Danny Nee was able get some future NBA talent.

But that whole men's issue is best left for another forum.

NU athletics is on the front page again....maybe not for the best reasons, but is getting talked about.

Edited by redsteve

I agree with Redsteve. I can't imagine, WBB, would be anywhere near the leader board, on a new AD's immediate concern list.  I'm sure all sports will be watched closely,  but any AD, worth their salt, will give her time.  There seems to be quite a bit of optimism surrounding this program.   Football, deservedly, will be the overwhelming focus of the new AD.   

I'm not close to the WBB program in any way, geographically, demographically, or personal contacts; all I know is what I can read on the 'Boards, but I cannot envision any circumstances in which Yori returning could happen (even assuming she'd want to come back).

I look at it this way:  With our dismal record last year there is nowhere to go but up!  We still may not be very good this year (it will be difficult to replace the productivity of departing Jessica Shepard - 18.6 ppg & 9.8 rpg), But we do know that we will see five new faces on the floor playing for the Huskers this year that were not available last season;  Rachel Blackburn, transfers Bria Stallworth (13.1 points, 2.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists freshman year @ UMass) and Janay Morton (13.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists pg Jr year @ Eastern Michigan), as well as highly-regarded incoming freshmen, Kate Cain and Taylor Kissinger (the 20th ranked incoming class in WBB by some accounts).

Lets also add to the above the four commitments so far for 2018-19; three- 4* and one-3* recruit(s),  Sam Haiby, Kayla Mershon, Ashtyn Veerbeek and Leigha Brown. My take-away from all this that Coach Amy is demonstrating her recruiting acumen.

Despite the dismal season last year, the team was characterized by 'Grit; No Quit,' in face of the disappointing losses. There is also the prospect of better Team Chemistry and coordination this year as the team becomes familiar with new Coach Amy Williams and her Assistants.  And let's not forget the high praise for Coach Amy and her staff by some of the returning players.

I do not see any way a new AD would even think about making another coaching change at this point in time.