Serious question ...

Norm Peterson

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

...and with rebounding comes another important element.  When we get the rebound, will we push pace?  If our front court struggles securing rebounds, then the backcourt has to focus on assisting.  It will be interesting watching this team build it's character and identity.

We managed to get a lot of transition points last year, even while emphasizing crashing the boards.  There were many times that Tai got the rebound and went coast-to-coast by himself.  And Glynn also has shown the ability to be a one-man fast break, as long as he receives the outlet pass relatively quickly.  I think we can send 3 or 4 guys to rebound and still play uptempo.  Doesn't have to be one or the other.

17 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Rebounding is also a concern for me with this squad.

Jordy and Okeke probably won't play together so they basically spell one of Morrow or Jacobson.

Might we play Roby and Copeland together and can that equate to a post from lat year and Tai?

Interesting take about rebounding.  I hadn't really thought about it being a weakness with the length and athleticism on the roster.  There won't be many times where we won't have a longer/taller lineup on the floor than we did on average last year.  Rebounding is very much about "want-to" so imho that will be the x factor here.

This year's roster has enough talent to really evaluate Tim Miles as an in-game coach.  There are no massive roster deficiencies, so the microscope can fairly go on his coaching staff, in my opinion.

I actually say that as an optimist.  The fact that he has brought this sort of talent here is basically the first, enormous check mark for a real basketball program.  I'm beyond impressed, and it's a huge accomplishment.  Let's hope he can facilitate their success.