Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

13 minutes ago, fr8-train said:

Well, if we're imagining, what about adding Simeon Wilcher to the roster/starting lineup?  

These guys were actually on our roster, though. And, had they not jumped to the NBA, would still have college eligibility right now and could theoretically have been on the team this year together.

Edited by Norm Peterson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Tyronn Lue is my favorite basketball player of all time. He's had an incredible career. Won an NIT championship and went to an NCAA tourney in college. Won two NBA championships as a player with the Lakers. Won a championship with the Cavs as head coach. Played with Kobe, Shaq, Michael Jordan, T-Mac, Grant Hill, Yao, Dirk, Jason Kidd. Played for Phil Jackson, Doc Rivers, Jeff Van Gundy. Coached Lebron, Kyrie, Love, Kawhi, Paul George. Now he'll be a Team USA coach. Amazing experiences he has had. Just a kid from Mexico, Missouri. So happy for him. 

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and indoor

Following up with the Cookie Belcher & Tyronn Lue photo, here are three Nebrasketball alumni in PHX at the GCU game tonight. Carl Hayes' son is on the GCU staff. They are Hayes, Henry T. Buchanan, and Derrick Vick.

On a personal note, I enjoyed sitting beside Buchanan on a flight last year. He could hardly believe I knew he started at NU at the age of 26 due to his military service (as I'm sure he doesn't meet Nebrasketball fanatics too often). T is one of the most personable folks you'll ever meet. Great conversation with a fellow hardcore Husker sports fan, particularly a Husker Hoops fanatic, like all of us poor souls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 9:49 PM, AuroranHusker said:

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and indoor

Following up with the Cookie Belcher & Tyronn Lue photo, here are three Nebrasketball alumni in PHX at the GCU game tonight. Carl Hayes' son is on the GCU staff. They are Hayes, Henry T. Buchanan, and Derrick Vick.

On a personal note, I enjoyed sitting beside Buchanan on a flight last year. He could hardly believe I knew he started at NU at the age of 26 due to his military service (as I'm sure he doesn't meet Nebrasketball fanatics too often). T is one of the most personable folks you'll ever meet. Great conversation with a fellow hardcore Husker sports fan, particularly a Husker Hoops fanatic, like all of us poor souls.

No photo description available.

• 1 month later...