Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

That’s awesome— Roby should get good minutes at SA too.  Bryce is probably a year or two away at this point.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the second half of the season.  With the rosters they've assembled, I could see both the Spurs and Hornets being in full-on tank mode by then in hopes of improving their odds in the Victor Wembanyama lottery.  Maybe that means more playing time for Bryce down the stretch 😅

Toronto coach Nurse talking about Delano:

Rexdale’s Dalano Banton just took over and won the job. How much he plays remains to be seen.

“He’s really doing a good job of organizing the play calls and moving the pieces and things like that,” Nurse said of the second-year guard. “And then when you need him late in the clock, he’s going to work … either getting to the rim with the right and left hand or shooting that pull-up (jump shot).”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hskr4life said:

A year ago today, if I told you to take your pick of Nebraska players in the league to have the most prominent role— are you taking Roby, Dalano, or McGowens?

or are you just happy that we have 3 in the league?

Without a doubt I would have said Banton. He was drafted for a specific purpose and skillset that fits exactly what Toronto wants to do. McGowens is a project to a NBA team and would require that team to want to "feature" him in a fairly prominent role. Which, IMO - you're a pretty bad team if he's your first or second guy.