Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

8 hours ago, fred1212 said:

He traveled. 

Is there so much traveling allowed these days because of so many refs that didn't actually play the game?  I see so much uncalled traveling and I don't even have to count the steps.  It just looks awkward and unnatural.

That’s the problem with a lot of refs. If something looks awkward and/or unnatural they blow the whistle and then make up the call. Looking awkward isn’t against the rules. 

10 hours ago, HB said:

Was in Roby's hometown today.   Was really impressed with Dixon.   I could live there.    Not surprised Zay turned out so well.  

Thought the same thing about Ottawa, Illinois just south of there. Some pretty nice Columbus sized towns in Illinois

14 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Bryce with 5 3s today.

The most # of 3s Bryce ever made as Husker in a game was 4 when he went 4-7 vs Sam Houston St.

Really makes you wonder what Bryce could have done at Nebraska if we had a PG that didn't try to showcase his talents and let Bryce be the focal point of the offense instead of himself.  The world will never know.....

18 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Really makes you wonder what Bryce could have done at Nebraska if we had a PG that didn't try to showcase his talents and let Bryce be the focal point of the offense instead of himself.  The world will never know.....

Would have been 4 guys standing around watching one player while we lost a bunch of games.

1 hour ago, kldm64 said:

Bryce tried to be the focal point many-a-times and we still looked bad. 

18 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Bryce with 5 3s today.

The most # of 3s Bryce ever made as Husker in a game was 4 when he went 4-7 vs Sam Houston St.

Might just be a statistical anomaly but its worth noting that Bryce was the only Hornets player with a +/- rating at 0 or worse.  I didn't watch the game, just found it interesting when looking at the box score. 

1 hour ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Might just be a statistical anomaly but its worth noting that Bryce was the only Hornets player with a +/- rating at 0 or worse.  I didn't watch the game, just found it interesting when looking at the box score. 

Actually LiAngelo Ball had a -4 rating, but point taken.

5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Yep. It's just a different game at the college level. Georgia was atrocious with Anthony Edwards as the sole focal point. Now, just 2 years later he's on his way to NBA superstardom. 

Well, Georgia was 16-16 with Edwards. Just two years later they were 6-26.

1 hour ago, Vinny said:

Well, Georgia was 16-16 with Edwards. Just two years later they were 6-26.

Need to include some context. They won a bunch of non-con games and then got 2nd to last in the SEC. They were really bad. Edwards was an extremely high volume and extremely low efficiency player in college. They were better the following year without him. Then, after the '21 season, all of their best players transferred out. Then, they went 6-26 this past season. 

Bryce jacking-up 18FG attempts with 7 of them 3FG attempts tonight.  He's been wearing Kobes since he got into the league...I guess tonight he felt like Kobe!

I've always heard that the thing coaches/executives are really watching at SL is how easy can a guy flow into the offense and find their shots.  SL is like going to a JC where everyone is competing for shine, only some of the SL guys are 4-5 years more mature than their rookie counterparts.  If a guy shies away from the spotlight and doesn't grab it, that's more of an indictment than a poor shooting percentage.

Edited by MitchMcGaryMunchies

5 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

There will be THREE TIMES as many former Nebrasketballers (Zay, Dalano, and Bryce) on NBA rosters next year as there will be C-word (heir to the plantation) and Iowa (Keegan) players.

tumblr_inline_p7rompl0rf1qao890_500.gif

That really makes it hurt, considering what we’ve done with that talent vs what they have done.

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

That really makes it hurt, considering what we’ve done with that talent vs what they have done.

In fairness great college players don’t translate into great pros at times.  For instance, I would take Luka Garza over all three of those players 100 out of 100 times.  Who wouldn’t?  I would also take Marcus Zigarowski (or however you spell it) over all three of those guys.  NBA talent can be overrated when you are talking college basketball.  I want great college basketball players.