Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Red Don said:

It's a paradox though.  According to Thunder fans (and probably other NBA fans too), Roby is just not good enough to see any time on a decent (see: making the playoffs) team.  The Thunder are bad and are actually trying to lose to get a good draft pick.  The point of Roby getting minutes is so he can help them suck, not win.  So, by scoring and helping the team win, he is actually making the Thunder fans hate him just that much more.

It's a big part of why I hate the NBA.

53 minutes ago, 49r said:

It's a paradox though.  According to Thunder fans (and probably other NBA fans too), Roby is just not good enough to see any time on a decent (see: making the playoffs) team.  The Thunder are bad and are actually trying to lose to get a good draft pick.  The point of Roby getting minutes is so he can help them suck, not win.  So, by scoring and helping the team win, he is actually making the Thunder fans hate him just that much more.

So kind of like college fans hoping their team loses so the coach gets fired?

1 hour ago, 49r said:

He’s 6th in PPG and 7th in RPG on the team for the year despite playing under 20 Min per game.

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

So kind of like college fans hoping their team loses so the coach gets fired?

54 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

He’s 6th in PPG and 7th in RPG on the team for the year despite playing under 20 Min per game.

I think the point is, maybe for the first time in his life Roby knows better how good he is than the fans of his team do.  NBA fans are weird.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

I think the point is, maybe for the first time in his life Roby knows better how good he is than the fans of his team do.  NBA fans are weird.

Oh 100%. Used to live in Oklahoma and they all haaaated Roby.  Ok not all, but there were a lot of haters.  And I don’t know why?  He does everything the right way.  

14 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Oh 100%. Used to live in Oklahoma and they all haaaated Roby.  Ok not all, but there were a lot of haters.  And I don’t know why?  He does everything the right way.  

I recall OKC fans wanting Bol Bol instead of Roby in the NBA draft. It hasn't been a "love affair" from the jump. Weird, if you ask me, but I suppose we're biased college basketball fans of Nebrasketball. 😅

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

I recall OKC fans wanting Bol Bol instead of Roby in the NBA draft. It hasn't been a "love affair" from the jump. Weird, if you ask me, but I suppose we're biased college basketball fans of Nebrasketball. 😅

Dallas drafted Roby via the Pistons