Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

That’s the way I remember it too.

The Wikipedia entry for Segado Cortez Belcher matches what I remember about how he's related to Tyronn, as not being a first cousin but still being related:

Belcher is a second-degree cousin of former NBA player current coach Tyronn Lue who also grew up in Mexico, Missouri.

For comparison, my most famous relative is in this picture:

Nebraska Teen Sneaks Photo With Paul McCartney and Warren ...

Unfortunately my most famous relative is not the multi-billionaire or the rock star, but the girl in the middle (a second cousin) who is famous only for being in this picture.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 49r said:

Banton got 24 minutes in last night's Raptors preseason game.  Scored 6

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401365893

4 Assists and 5 Turnovers tho...

Oooh that was pretty 😍

He picked up his dribble about 6 ft behind the 3pt line and finger rolled it in 😳

Edited by cornfed24-7

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

He catches at the same time his foot lands then takes two.  Not a travel.  

Yes. By today's interpretation that is in no way a travel. While I was young that would have been called. Ultimately I omitted my thoughts on my heart will always believe it to be traveling because I was fairly certain someone would post a post stating what you you stated. 

But I am weak and couldn't help myself. And now here we are 😂

On 10/5/2021 at 9:19 AM, 49r said:

Banton got 24 minutes in last night's Raptors preseason game.  Scored 6

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401365893

4 Assists and 5 Turnovers tho...

I'm glad I'm not a Raptors fan, because there's no way I could listen to 82 games of that gravely play-by-play voice.  He makes Matt Davison sound angelic by comparison.

On 10/5/2021 at 1:34 PM, cornfed24-7 said:

Yes. By today's interpretation that is in no way a travel. While I was young that would have been called. Ultimately I omitted my thoughts on my heart will always believe it to be traveling because I was fairly certain someone would post a post stating what you you stated. 

But I am weak and couldn't help myself. And now here we are 😂

The Harden stepback uses the same technique and I feel like it should be until I slow down the film. 

I guess what I'm saying is that it never was, technically, a travel, even though it would've likely been called at first.  Players just have better feet and handles now.  It's fun to watch unfold.  Same page I think.  

45 minutes ago, LK1 said:

The Harden stepback uses the same technique and I feel like it should be until I slow down the film. 

I guess what I'm saying is that it never was, technically, a travel, even though it would've likely been called at first.  Players just have better feet and handles now.  It's fun to watch unfold.  Same page I think.  

Harden!?! I'm talking more Jordan, Bird, and Magic. Then came the Iverson crossover. Which ultimately was ruled a no go. I disagree that it was never technically traveling. If the refs call it its traveling. What I do agree with is the interpretation of the rule has changed drastically. Ultimately I think we're splitting hairs. My preference would be a stricter interpretation of the rule. But we both know that's never gonna happen. Ahhhhhh  I long for the days where the eurostep didn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Roby was one of only two Thunder players with a positive +/- rating.

He needs to start at the 4. I think he would average close to a double-double with starters minutes. His per-36 averages last year were 14 and 9. Thunder fans don't want to watch another year of Darius Bazley missing layups and airballing threes.