Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

It's going to take me awhile to get used to his new haircut.

I was like "wait a sec, that's not Isaiah Roby; that's some dude with short hair."

Have you looked at an NBA dude named Elfrid Payton lately??? ..... he's the guy who used to have the big flop in front, and now he's fairly clean cut. Methinks it's just plain weird to see him without the ridiculous 'do.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, AuroranHusker said:

I wonder how much Isaiah will be on their G-League compared to the Big Club. Probably a lot more often.

I would suspect he spends the majority of the season there, going back and forth a few times to gain experience in practice with the team. 

The G League season doesn’t start until November 8 so I’d expect him to go down right before to practice with the team. San Antonio has done a phenomenal job developing players through their team while keeping them close to the main team for the future so you see more teams doing that now. 

6 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I would suspect he spends the majority of the season there, going back and forth a few times to gain experience in practice with the team. 

The G League season doesn’t start until November 8 so I’d expect him to go down right before to practice with the team. San Antonio has done a phenomenal job developing players through their team while keeping them close to the main team for the future so you see more teams doing that now. 

Good to hear the Mavs' G-League squad is a true developmental team. Roby needs that type of coaching to better prepare for the pro game.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Palmer trying out for the Clippers' G-League Team. Evan Taylor currently on the roster.

For anyone in need of a G League primer on Affiliate Players:

https://gleague.nba.com/affiliate-players/

Essentially, JPJ is one of six players (two two-way, four affiliate) the Clippers have chosen to retain under contract from pre-season play.  JPJ has decided to sign a G League contract so he is automatically assigned to the Clippers' G League affiliate, but he still has the flexibility of being a free agent able to sign an NBA contract with any team that offers.

9 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Very interesting considering they are 3-1 with the current lineup.  Did someone get hurt?

As mentioned he will go back and forth a lot. He will spend time practicing with the Mavs while playing a lot for the Legends. You see more teams do that with young rookies and acclimate them without throwing them to the wolves. With unlimited abilities to jump between the teams and there being a short distance between them he will be a yo-yo. 

8 hours ago, TheKamdyMan said:

As mentioned he will go back and forth a lot. He will spend time practicing with the Mavs while playing a lot for the Legends. You see more teams do that with young rookies and acclimate them without throwing them to the wolves. With unlimited abilities to jump between the teams and there being a short distance between them he will be a yo-yo. 

Awesome!  Well they play the Lakers tonight on ESPN, so if anyone needs a little Roby action to hold them over until Tuesday, check it out.