Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, 49r said:

One can only hypothesize what "significant guaranteed money" really means.  But it's probably better than playing in Europe.

They paid him $400k for the last day of the season just to have the option for him next season.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/09/knicks-give-isaiah-roby-400k-for-one-day-to-have-him-for-next-season/

22 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

They paid him $400k for the last day of the season just to have the option for him next season.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/09/knicks-give-isaiah-roby-400k-for-one-day-to-have-him-for-next-season/

so is the $400k the guaranteed part then?

The option makes it seem so, but I am also not terribly well versed in sports contracts so I don't know.  My feeling is that regardless of whether the Knicks pick up the option for next year Roby's still guaranteed something beyond what they paid him this year...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 49r said:

Sorta damages Sam's chances of sticking there.  But good place for Dalano.  I heard they wanted big line ups with a positionless offense (yeah, like ours); so this may be a match made in heaven, so to speak.

Edited by Huskerpapa

47 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Sorta damages Sam's chances of sticking there.  But good place for Dalano.  I heard they wanted big line ups with a positionless offense (yeah, like ours); so this may be a match made in heaven, so to speak.

Sam's best hope was always going to be to latch on in the G League somewhere anyway so I doubt this damages his chances at that any.

From three days ago: "there will be exciting debuts during the Boston Celtics’ upcoming 2023 Summer League run in Las Vegas, including the C’s 2023 second-round pick Jordan Walsh (Arkansas) and undrafted six-foot-seven guard signing Sam Griesel (Nebraska)."