Huskers in the Pros Thread

hhcmatt

7 hours ago, busticket said:

In basketball he was listed at 6’9”.  He was definitely taller than Ed who was listed at 6’8”.  If Jacobsen is 6’7” now, was Ed only 6’6”?  

Most college athletes magically get shorter the day they leave college. Since NBA teams now have to post official heights, it’s hilarious to see just how tall some of these guys are. Louisville had Donovan Mitchell listed at 6’4”. He’s officially 6’1”.

Good for Michael.  He could have decided out of HS to opt for football but chose Husker basketball.  Despite a number of naysayers, he had a productive two years here before heading to Ames.  

I also believe he would have been very successful in the Hoiberg system; but alas, timing is everything. 

Good luck MJ!

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Handles aren't "Mr. Ball Security"

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Handles aren't "Mr. Ball Security"

take a closer look at the video.  The block from the "high" camera, is not the same block that we see from the "court level" camera.  Something fishy going on here?

10 minutes ago, REM72 said:

take a closer look at the video.  The block from the "high" camera, is not the same block that we see from the "court level" camera.  Something fishy going on here?

It's a highlight reel of his blocks from the game.  I'd assume that was also the point of him putting two XX in the tweet.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Really unfortunately but considering he stopped eating meat his senior year for no particular reason it's not exactly surprising to read.

No particular ... what are you talking about? His girlfriend was *vegan*. You think things would have gone better if he'd been an incel for the spring semester?

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

No particular ... what are you talking about? His girlfriend was *vegan*. You think things would have gone better if he'd been an incel for the spring semester?

Case in point: my GPA for incel semesters was 3.65; my GPA for non-incel semesters was 4.0.  Unfortunately there were seven of one, and only one of the other...

8 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Case in point: my GPA for incel semesters was 3.65; my GPA for non-incel semesters was 4.0.  Unfortunately there were seven of one, and only one of the other...

That's actually a very good point. I was thinking he'd be distracted by not getting any.

You're suggesting maybe he'd have thrown himself into his work to try to take his mind off the absence of action.

Hmmm. That theory holds some water.