2018 SG Ron Harper Jr. -> Rutgers

Ron Harper Jr. gets his basketball bloodlines from both sides.  This is a March 2017 report:

Ron Harper Jr. carries his family name proudly, all the way down to his size 18 sneakers. Yes, size 18.  But his game doesn’t just resemble that of his father, five-time NBA champion Ron Harper. It has facets of his mother’s game, too. Maria Harper was an outstanding high school and Division 1 player at the University of New Orleans.  “When I think about it, I try to incorporate both of their games into mine,” said Harper Jr., a junior swingman at Don Bosco Prep. “It makes a nice little mix.”  Harper Jr. can talk fluently about both his mom’s and dad’s careers. He says his dad was one of the first real big-guards in the NBA, who used his size to dominate at times. His mom was a scorer and distributor.

Entering the summer, Ron Harper Jr. was about as under the radar as it gets.

One college coach who certainly took notice of Harper’s sudden emergence was Nebraska’s Tim Miles.

“My mom called me at like 11 o’clock at night and she was like, ‘I just got off the phone with Nebraska’s head coach, and they said they’re probably going to call you tomorrow morning and they’re going to offer you,’” Harper told HuskerOnline.com. “Then (Miles) called me the next day and he officially offered me.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-strike-first-with-rising-2018-guard-harper

• 3 weeks later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2018 SG Ron Harper Jr. -> Rutgers