2019 PG D.J. Carton -> Ohio State

• 2 weeks later...

Desi Carton – 2019 – PG – Quad City Elite
Tough, athletic, skilled, and talented, Carton is one of the premiere lead guards in the 2019 class nationally and he’s just starting to write his story.  An explosive summer saw him land offers from a number of high major programs and that’s just the beginning.  He’s athletic and will posterize defenders when the opportunity presents itself, but he can also rip the nets from the mid-range area and beyond the arc.  He has solid handles and the ability to attack off the bounce to score or create and he will finish through traffic and contact on occasion.  A talented high major guard with the physical tools and the skill set to be a potential top 25-50 prospect nationally, Carton looks primed to become a big story over the next 12-18 months at the high school level.

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3912

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • hhcmatt changed the title to 2019 PG D.J. Carton -> Ohio State
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Didn’t he take a leave of absence from the team this year? Anyone know anything about why? Thought he was playing pretty good prior to that 

Here it is from a Yahoo publication:

Carton stepped away from the program in January to focus on his mental health, which he said at the time just wasn’t at “100 percent right now.”

“I have been suffering with mental health issues for a couple years,” Carton said at the time, in part. “I have been through a lot. I’m disappointed to say I’m not 100 percent right now.

“I am not doing my teammates justice if I don’t work on this now.”

4 hours ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Even if we don't land many of the players we offer at least we are trying. NU had such a defeatist attitude historically. And one cannot achieve anything without trying.

Funny-- I seem to remember Miles was always in on some top level guys early before the big dogs came calling.  Maybe you are talking during the Doc days?