Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.->Idaho St

5 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

My impression of Chang is that he is a bit of a fall back offer for Nebraska and Creighton.  I think both would take him but both have reservations about him.  A local kid with some talent and potential but with some questions as well.  No real inside info here, just my gut feeling.

Tough call in determining who has more upside between him and one of the multiple open spots we'll likely have.

21 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

well we recruited him for 3 years then he went to washington.

there aren't a lot of top 150 guys available right now, so i get why we are recruiting him. but i don't feel like he has much interest in us.

They recruited him for 3 years then let him go to Washington is probably more accurate. It's not like Washington won a fierce recruiting battle for him.

21 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

My impression of Chang is that he is a bit of a fall back offer for Nebraska and Creighton.  I think both would take him but both have reservations about him.  A local kid with some talent and potential but with some questions as well.  No real inside info here, just my gut feeling.

Nebraska is a lot more interested than Creighton. The Jays' "contact" was mostly a courtesy call. Creighton already has a similar yet better player signed in the class.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jacob Padilla said:

FWIW, as far as I know Wingett's only offers since reclassifying are Iona, Illinois-Chicago and Delaware State. His best offer before that was South Dakota State. 

Jacob, any idea why Wingett kind of blew up at the end?

15 hours ago, HB said:

Jacob, any idea why Wingett kind of blew up at the end?

Probably the same way Teddy Allen did which is the same way most kids do: he managed to play well with the right people watching. With most of the viable 2018 targets off the board, I'm sure he had a few more coaches looking to round out their classes that took notice of him. It sounds like he's been shooting the ball at a very high clip.

As for Ed, put me down for SDSU as well.