Jump to content

Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.


Recommended Posts

I saw this kid play in person at the State Tournament and was highly impressed. He was an absolute TERROR at the top of a 1-3-1 zone. Evidently the allure of the PAC12 and the West coast was too much for the local rubes to compete with. Is he a "program changer"? No, but he would have been a nice "get". Any guesses when Miles will land his first In State recruit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought it stood for "All About Under-the-table-deals-being-made-by-apparel-companies-and-universities-to-make-big-contract-deals-with-future-players-then-look-the-other-way-when-asked-if-there's-co

Y'know, this is a kid we really needed to sign just for the sake of @Kent Pavelka so that whenever Ed would hit a 3, Kent could yell out "CHANGARANG!"

I've known Ed for four years. I've seen him at his best, but unfortunately "his best" isn't what he normally is. He shot 31% from 3 last year (and that was an improvement from his sophomore year).  

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I saw this kid play in person at the State Tournament and was highly impressed. He was an absolute TERROR at the top of a 1-3-1 zone. Evidently the allure of the PAC12 and the West coast was too much for the local rubes to compete with. Is he a "program changer"? No, but he would have been a nice "get". Any guesses when Miles will land his first In State recruit? 

Funny how two folks can watch the kid and see two totally different things.    Handy I am not saying you're wrong because I never watched Ed played.  Just that a poster elsewhere just called him soft and not a Big 10 player.  That said, since he went elsewhere, I hope you are wrong and the guy elsewhere is right so we don't debate and bitch about him going elsewhere.

Edited by colhusker
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Funny how two folks can watch the kid and see two totally different things.    Handy I am not saying you're wrong because I never watched Ed played.  Just that a poster elsewhere just called him soft and not a Big 10 player.  That said, since he went elsewhere, I hope you are wrong and the guy elsewhere is right so we don't debate and bitch about him going elsewhere.

 

His performance at UW will be less likely to be the source of bitching than the Huskers' W-L record will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 49r said:

His performance at UW will be less likely to be the source of bitching than the Huskers' W-L record will be.

 

Or, stated slightly differently:  The degree to which people will care that he went elsewhere might end up having more to do with how well we're playing and less to do with how well he's playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49r said:

...and the bitching has already begun, LOL:

 

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/7/6/15923226/nebrasketball-losing-instate-talent

Nebrasketball: Losing Instate Talent

usa_today_9965999.0.jpg

 

 

This was the only answer so far on this article and it is actually pretty good:

 

Doesn't bother me

I hate losing talented in state kids for football but with basketball I want miles to find the best group he can. With football you can afford to take an in state kid who won’t play for a few years simply because of so many more spots but basketball is different. I want the best players, if that means they’re from nebraska great if not that’s great too.

Posted by jack dein on Jul 6, 2017 | 3:38 PM
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of players that Nebraska missed on:

Akoy Agua - heck we "missed" on him three times, but despite a huge amount of publicity and headlines, what has he done in college?  He seems to be a significant underachiever or greatly over-hyped.

Justin Patton - he ended up having a lot of stars, but quite frankly, he was under-hyped for the most part.  The Huskers either whiffed on him, or under recruited him, or simply didn't have a shot at him.  But he ended a short college career and now is looking at a long NBA career.

 

Where does Mr. Chang fit in??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ed Chang will have the best college career of the three.  

 

38 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

A couple of players that Nebraska missed on:

Akoy Agua - heck we "missed" on him three times, but despite a huge amount of publicity and headlines, what has he done in college?  He seems to be a significant underachiever or greatly over-hyped.

Justin Patton - he ended up having a lot of stars, but quite frankly, he was under-hyped for the most part.  The Huskers either whiffed on him, or under recruited him, or simply didn't have a shot at him.  But he ended a short college career and now is looking at a long NBA career.

 

Where does Mr. Chang fit in??? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, colhusker said:

Funny how two folks can watch the kid and see two totally different things.    Handy I am not saying you're wrong because I never watched Ed played.  Just that a poster elsewhere just called him soft and not a Big 10 player.  That said, since he went elsewhere, I hope you are wrong and the guy elsewhere is right so we don't debate and bitch about him going elsewhere.

 

I recall someone calling him soft when he was a HS soph.  I don't think that was fair.  Chang has a rare gift: touch.  He doesn't have to learn to shoot or develop his jumper.  He just has to tweak what he already has.  Plus he's really long and bouncy.  If he learns to play defense on the wing, look out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I recall someone calling him soft when he was a HS soph.  I don't think that was fair.  Chang has a rare gift: touch.  He doesn't have to learn to shoot or develop his jumper.  He just has to tweak what he already has.  Plus he's really long and bouncy.  If he learns to play defense on the wing, look out.

Norm just to restate, it was not me that said it, I wish he were going to be red after a redshirt season in Lincoln.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

A couple of players that Nebraska missed on:

Akoy Agua - heck we "missed" on him three times, but despite a huge amount of publicity and headlines, what has he done in college?  He seems to be a significant underachiever or greatly over-hyped.

Justin Patton - he ended up having a lot of stars, but quite frankly, he was under-hyped for the most part.  The Huskers either whiffed on him, or under recruited him, or simply didn't have a shot at him.  But he ended a short college career and now is looking at a long NBA career.

 

Where does Mr. Chang fit in??? 

He'll be better than Agau. He'll play more years than Patton, but Patton going in the 1st round would have paid some major recruiting dividends. The NBA is what these kids care about. 

 

I'd take Taz - Khyri Thomas - over all 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, swmckewon said:

He'll be better than Agau. He'll play more years than Patton, but Patton going in the 1st round would have paid some major recruiting dividends. The NBA is what these kids care about. 

 

I'd take Taz - Khyri Thomas - over all 3. 

Always felt like Taz was extremely underrated coming out of high school. Watched him play all 4 yrs at Benson so i thought maybe i was just biased, but hes already turned out to a huge steal on Creightons part and a huge miss on ours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • hhcmatt changed the title to Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...